“Really cozy and comfortable”

Helens Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #5 of 34 Stockholm B&B and Inns
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Malaga, Spain
“Really cozy and comfortable”
Reviewed November 25, 2013

When we arrived to the place, Helen welcomed us herself. She is very charming and a lovely person. She told us everything we had to know about Stockholm because we were a little lost, and she even recommended us some places to visit. If you are a talkative person you will enjoy those moments.
Our room was really comfortable, warm and quiet. It shows the spirit of rural Sweden but with all the comfort you would expect in a hostel.
It is well connected since you may take the metro of which stop is really close to the house. Also, if you are interested in this bed & breakfast, Helen gives you a lot of guidance on how to get to the place; you have a lot of alternatives to choose.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Miguel C

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Helsinki, Finland
Reviewed November 23, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I were looking for a quiet and serene weekend getaway and found it at Helens B&B. Helen is super nice and gave us our privacy. Our suite had it's own side entry and our window looked out to the backyard where we actually saw a deer while having tea in the morning!
The bed was comfy and the shower had good water pressure as well.

Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Helsinki
Reviewed November 22, 2013

Wonderful house and garden, for a few day or longer stay. Very good connection to the city center. Great possibilitys for quiet room to work or study in. Nice neighborhoods and very cosy rooms. I highly recommend!

• Stayed August 2013
Helsinki, Finland
Reviewed November 21, 2013

A cosy, warm-hearted place close to the city center. A nice outdoor and indoor premises with a wonderful reception. A good location allows adventures all arkund Stockholm. All you could want from your stay.

• Stayed December 2012
Helsinki, Southern Finland, Finland
Reviewed November 10, 2013

Light, very clean rooms with comfortable beds and skadinavian style of design.
Flowering plants at the windows and fresh atmosphere. Our friendly hostess Helen has also choosed to us some reseguide books of what to see and experience in the city. We got good tips where to visit and culturehappenings. My delight was also to see how welldone and fine Stockholms operaprogram leaflet was! Helens bed and breakfast, this beautiful house located near the subway station and it was easy and fast to travel by metro only 12 minutes to gamla stan of Stockholm. Harmonius place withold trees and singing birds, specially if you like take a walks or sit in the garden outside. A cozy kitchen for delicious breakfast and tea. Heartwarming thanks to Helen about those days, which we stayed and enjoyed, we are going also overnight next time when visiting in Sweden.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Germany
Reviewed October 10, 2013

My Friend and i arrived Friday the 13. of Sept. Helen`s B&B was a perfect Place to stay during our stay in Stockholm. It is a quiet Place and we did enjoy it very much. Helen send us all the Informations we needed to know for our stay, as well as traffic informations.
To meet Helen in person was a pleasure for us! The Place itself was perfectly clean. For Breakfast we had very thing we needed. And when we came back "HOME" from being on tour all day, we did really enjoy to have (to make) a tea, to relax. All in all it was a wonderfull experience, overwhelmed with impressions, and if we will come back again, we know where we would like to stay, we know where we feel WELCOMED.
Helen,.... thank you for everything from the bottom of our hearts

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
New York City, New York
Reviewed September 11, 2013

My sister and I traveled to Stockholm this past August and decided to stay with Helen - it was an amazing choice that I would recommend to anyone reading this, particularly if you're looking for a quiet, super Zen spot to stay in. Literally a hop/skip away from the city itself - by subway (metro) approximately 10 - 15 minutes! Helen herself is an incredibly gracious host who is very knowledgable about the city & Swedish culture more generally. Meeting her was a pleasure that helped us build wonderful travel memories. The place itself is impeccably clean, we found the breakfasts to be delicious (DO IT!!), honestly I've nothing but wonderful things to say about our whole stay. I see some reviews who label the guest quarters as "small" - I didn't find this to be true at all - we stayed in the studio, shared a bed and were perfectly comfortable (stayed 4 nights, 5 days). Then again, I'm from Brooklyn so maybe I'm used to what others might consider "small" quarters :)

*Will* be staying here the next time I visit Stockholm - Helen, thank you from the bottom of our hearts for a wonderful lodging experience!

Room Tip: The studio lodging is perfectly comfortable for two people to share 1 bed!