“Favourite Brekkie Place”

Cuisines: French
Dining options: Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Neighborhood: Kungsholmen
Reviewed January 22, 2013

I work not far from this place and every time I get off my weekly shift I go here with a collegue to sample some freshly baked bread and have a coffee.

I always have a great deal of problem picking what type of (sweet) bread I'm going to have with my coffee. Rich and heavy or light and crispy?

The alternative is the set brekkie with yoghurt and fruit compote, coffee, freshly squeezed juice, dark or white bread..,

Always good eating, always good service.

2  Thank robbowan

Reviewed October 26, 2012 via mobile

Fantastic food and it feels like being in France since the staff is mostly french. Gorgeous pastry!!!!

Reviewed October 9, 2012

While there was a long line waiting to order (a good sign), the staff was very helpful and even said she preferred to speak in English (nice surprise). I ordered the “brunch” which included toasted bread, bacon, eggs, smoked salmon, tomato and a cream sauce, plus coffee and water. We sat outside under the awning. Heaters were great but made our photos all appear as if we were in a tanning salon. Quite funny. Food was very well prepared and presented. It was also very delicious. The cost was around 100 Swedish Krona (for one person), not bad for such a large meal. And it included great coffee.

3  Thank Claybow
Reviewed August 25, 2012

This place is amazing! It's a close walk from the Courtyard Marriott, and the foods are incredible. Fresh squeezed orange juice, amazing hot chocolate, great coffee. The sandwiches are insanely good -- just like France, but honestly, a bit better in my opinion. The pastries are also incredible. I also appreciate that the staff speaks excellent English; try ordering French food from a cafe in Paris without knowing French and see how pleasant your experience is.

Really awesome cafe in Stockholm, but you'll probably have to wait in line ~10 minutes on the weekend. It's worth it!

1  Thank DarrenNCSU
Reviewed March 8, 2012

I went with a friend and had a really good lunch. But what I want to tell you about is the cake I took home with me. A little passion fruit tarte with merengue and liquorice dust on top. It was perfection. The tastes blended together perfectly (I'm not much for liquorice in cake, but this!), the crust was perfect, the filling creamy. I could probably write an ode to the tarte, but I'll stop here. Suffice it to say that this is one of the best bakeries in Stockholm. I dare you to find something poorly executed in their selection.

The café itself is nice but nothing spectacular. It fills up on weekends, so patience is advised. However, I bet it's really nice to sit at the tables outside in springtime. Or you can just get the yummy bread and delicious cakes to go!

1  Thank akbhatia