“Standard TGIs but not great staff or atmosphere”

T.G.I. Friday's Stureplan
Ranked #1,404 of 3,255 Restaurants in Stockholm
Cuisines: American, Swedish
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Ostermalm
Reviewed August 14, 2013

Popped in for quick beer and burger. On my own after meetings all day. Went into bar but waiter advised no seats so had to go to main reception, to be brought back to bar and sat down - pointless! Had to move previous occupants newspapers to sit, obviously not the waiters job... Maybe they just don't like lone diners?

Food and drink pretty much standard TGIs but total lack of atmosphere, almost felt lie staff not been on TGI training, or maybe just they are reserved Swedes.

Fairly expensive, as most things in Stockholm, but seemed steep compared to similar places in the city. Shame as close to my hotel and I visit Stockholm often and would have hoped for better.

1  Thank Huw C

Reviewed June 28, 2013

We waited for a while to be seated, but as views to the park were great, we were willing to wait. First everything seemed to be great and also our kids were taken into account, BUT then we got our food: probably the most boring hamburger meals ever :( Not our thing at all.

Reviewed June 19, 2013

Maybe I'm picky, but the concept doesn't work for me. The food is alright, but mostly flash-fried and doesn't taste of much. Staff are attentive and kind, but there are a lot of kids and it's noisy. I'd recommend it if you're looking for something quick and dirty, but don't expect a great or memorable experience.

1  Thank Dorothy P
Reviewed June 6, 2013

We went there for snacks and had some platters, they were all delicious. The theme of restaurant is good and totally worth a visit!

Reviewed May 27, 2013

This feels more like the traditional TGIF you find in other cities. More stuff to look at on the walls and the staff are quick and eager to help. The food is better than the sister restaurant just a few hundred meters away. So my suggestion is that if you want the better food go here and like the view of people and more action go to the other one :-) On Fridays this place turns into a drink paradise and is rather fun to start of your night out.