“Nice old-style restaurant”
Review of Zum Franziskaner

Zum Franziskaner
Reserve with
Zum Franziskaner is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1,613 of 3,060 Restaurants in Stockholm
Cuisines: European
Dining options: Reservations
Neighborhood: Gamla Stan & Riddarholmen
Livorno, Italy
“Nice old-style restaurant”
Reviewed July 24, 2013

The atmosphere is very nice. The place shows some history. Our waitress was extremely nice and patient, considering that we were a party of 10, and we chose several different dishes. All dishes were served in a reasonable time, but one (some elk stew). Salmon, herrings and elk were delicious. The price was reasonable. The location is very nice, in Gamla Stan with view on the harbor.

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank Sandra L

• Greek first
North Carolina
“Another Nice Experience in Stockholm”
Reviewed June 11, 2013

After a great tour of Stockholm, we happened upon the Zum Franziskaner. The restaurant offers a lovely dining atmosphere in a cozy setting. It’s a comfortable and relaxing environment to enjoy a nice selection of good food and good service! It’s a bit pricey for lunch but that is pretty much what we experienced throughout Europe. We totally enjoyed our lunch selections and a nice tall beer for my husband and a glass of red wine for me. It was a great way to end our short cruise stay in Stockholm.

• Visited May 2013
Sao Paulo, SP
“Beautiful place”
Reviewed January 25, 2013

You can have a good German food for a bit expensive price and good beers for average price, and the interior is beautiful, very old and cosy.

Visited June 2012
1 Thank Ana O
Moscow, Russia
“The German tavern in Stockholm”
Reviewed December 3, 2012

Its a good place with good beer and bratwurst and also a good view on the port, I did not like that the first person you meet in the restaurant was a man at the cloakroom asking for money (20 SEK per piece). I included his fee into my bill which I have settled with credit card.

Visited November 2012
1 Thank Palych
Missoula, Montana
“Nice experience...”
Reviewed April 25, 2012

Claims to be Stockholm's oldest restaurant. Great atmosphere. I stopped here for a beer and an appetizer after walking around Gamla Stan for the afternoon. The staff was a bit weird -- they had me switch tables a few minutes after telling me to sit anywhere because a large group was expected -- but the food and beer was good. I had the elk carpaccio. A bit expensive for what you get, but that seemed to be a theme in Stockholm.

The place was filled with locals having after work beers when I went at about 4 p.m. on a Friday, but I didn't have to wait for a table. It was raining, though, and few tourists seemed to be out.

• Visited April 2012