“Nice authentic food, generous serving”
Review of Sawadee - CLOSED

Sawadee
Cuisines: Asian
Dining options: Reservations
Neighborhood: Norrmalm
Reviewed August 19, 2014

There are many Sawadees in the neighbourhood, one fast food, one noodle bar, a restaurant...this review covers the restaurant.

The price for lunch is slightly above the standard lunch price in Stockholm, and the price does not include salad buffet and coffee (which is standard in many places). On the other hand, the standard of the food is quite high and the serving quite generous. Service is also fast and friendly. And water is free!

There are newer reviews for Sawadee

Reviewed April 1, 2013

The mixed reviews are a result of three different Sawadee outlets within a couple blocks. I sampled them all because I went to the restaurant, and it was fabulous and then checked the reviews. I found the confusion and decided to check them all.

First, the sit-down restaurant is tremendous. I had the BEST green curry I have ever had. Not Swedish good (it's a new category for me--"it's good for Swedish Thai") but authentically excellent Thai. I kicked myself for not ordering it hot, but it came HOT, perhaps a bit too hot (and I like hot). It was flavorful and complex. Simply fabulous. That said, the service was good but not great. You have to wave down a waiter for everything you need; they leave you alone unless you literally wave your arms (catching their eye does not seem to work).

Second, there's a fast food outlet on Olof Palme Gatan, which is fine. Had the green curry for lunch, very inexpensive for Sweden. It was satisfying, fast, and friendly service. I would go back.

Third, there is a fast food more upscale outlet in Kungshallen. It is more expensive than the second and not as popular (at least when I was there) as the second.

You can save 10-15 SEK by walking down to Olof Palmes Gatan, taking a right, and walking two blocks. If you want to spend 40 SEK more for lunch, go to the restaurant. It's a choice, but I would stick with 1 or 2.

Reviewed January 20, 2013

Like in most Thai lunch restaurants everything happens fast - table, order, serve, eat and pay. Well, eating fast may very well be my choice actually... We arrived 11 am which was great, 'cause one hour later it was crowded and rather noisy. Tasty food in a clean and well kept restaurant - I think I may pay you another visit. Thanks!

Reviewed August 4, 2012

A central placed restaurant with pleasant atmosphere and service minded personnel. I have been here a number of times during a number of years and have never been disappointed. The food has always been very good and the portions are large. So high standard over time.

Reviewed March 29, 2012

I was in Sawadee with my boss and a colleague for dinner. We order set menus since it was easy to choose. My boss being Swedish is very fond of Thai food and Sawadee is the place know in central Stockholm for good Thai food.

The quantities in each of the dishes we orders was a lot. Two people can easily have a single set menu. My one was of baked pock chops and rice the Thai style. I even manage to get the balance in a dogy bad. It taste so good and fine I did not want to leave it there.