“Traditional Swedish Cuisine”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Pelikan

Pelikan
Ranked #76 of 3,026 Restaurants in Stockholm
Cuisines: European, Swedish, Scandinavian, Brew Pub
Good for: Bar scene, Families with children, Special occasions, Large groups, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighborhood: SoFo & Medborgarplatsen
Cambridge, Massachusetts
“Traditional Swedish Cuisine”
Reviewed January 1, 2014

The food was amazing and very reasonably priced for what you received. We went with a group of 7 and had a minor wait. The wait staff was very good at keeping on top of the time and very personalible. I tried the roasted elk that was served cold, which I thought was a risk, but paid off considerably. Other people in the group tried the swedish meatballs and the ribs. All the meals were excellent.

• Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Sweden
“Good Swedish "husmanskost"”
Reviewed December 18, 2013

Pelikan serves great "husmanskost" with a little twist. A decent beer menu as well. Non-smoking place these days, which is great. It used to be like the smog in Beijing :-). I would recommend the place for a "let's go for a good meal", but not for a fancy occasion.

Visited October 2013
1 Thank Bobadilla
“Very good”
Reviewed December 12, 2013

I spent my first night in Stockholm having dinner here, and I have to say that the place was beautiful from the moment I walked in. The waiter that served us was very polite and never got in the way, arriving at the right timing without being pushy, nor absolutely impossible to find.
We ordered one main course each, and we were starving; having the pork knuckle served was enough to kill my hunger until lunch the next day; the whole meal was delicious.
It wasn't incredibly expensive, but for a student, having to spend 270 SEK on a single course meal, it's not ideal; but given the quality and the place, probably it was worth it.

1 Thank Umberto S
Stockholm, Sweden
“poor service, ridiculously expensive”
Reviewed December 6, 2013

unfortunately, there is not much too add to the title of my review..
i went there for a dinner with a quite large group of people. bad organization, and extremely unflexible to meet our needs. food really disappointing: very small portions, not very good neither. poor service, and unreasonably expensive.
definetely not recommended.

1 Thank terenity
Stockholm, Sweden
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“The terrible service overshadowed the good food and atmosphere”
Reviewed December 4, 2013

Honestly, some people need to learn some manners before start working in such places:

1) I do not need someone to treat me like a kid. Believe me if I need the towel on my legs I could do it myself, and you should not throw it on me like a basic condition to start my dinner.
2) If I want to share 1 salad and starter with more than 1 person is my own choice. "Here is Sweden we don't do these kind of things, we order our individual dishes"... Seriously ???
3) If I want to buy a drink, water is more than enough. There is nowhere a rule that I have to buy also your super-expensive drinks.
4) If I want to "play" with my self-phone the whole night, is out of your business. Unbelievable...
5) Seriously ??? Were you expecting a tip ? I prefer to give it to the guy in Pressbyran, who is much more kind and friendly ...

However, the food was really nice with a very good proportion. I found it a bit more salty, but this is just my personal impression.

1 Thank Jerry_Sverige