“Great, modern food”
Review of Salt & Brygga

Salt & Brygga
Reserve with
Salt & Brygga is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #64 of 893 Restaurants in Malmo
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed October 24, 2012

I had a three-course menu (smoked wild duck, venison with lingonberries and apple cake with apple sorbet). Well composed set menu with a great taste. The overall impression of the place was one of uncompromising quality. Not exactly cheap but worth it.

Reviewed October 23, 2012

This restaurant is in the eco-village, Bo01 district, of Malmö where the views across the straights to Denmark and of the Oresund bridge were stunning. The food lived up to the setting, with the freshest of ingredients cooked to perfection. We were only in Malmö for the day and this memory will top the holiday!

Reviewed October 16, 2012

Had a dinner party here with 12 guests. Most followed a set menu and all of us were very impressed. Great staff, just attentive enough not to become annoying and the food was excellent. Great Swedish choices from local foods. I would go again

Reviewed October 11, 2012

We had a reservation for dinner and arrived on time and were seated immediately but then it was at least 15-20 minutes before we could even catch the eye of one of the servers who apologized profusely for taking so long to get to us. I think we would've endured the wait much better had we been brought at least a glass of water and some bread. The restaurant was not busy but it appeared there were only two servers taking care of everyone. Since the rest of the evening got better, I'm going to base the review on that since my daughter eats at Salt and Brygga all the time and has never experienced anything but excellent service. So, once our server was able to tend to us, we started with glasses of their very excellent organic champagne and the crab cake appetizers. My daughter and I decided to share the appetizer to guard our appetites for the rest of the evening but that was totally unnecessary as the portions amounted to a total of four bites between the two of us. There were two tiny crab cakes and two tiny somewhat dry potato cakes with a garnish of very chewy and inedible artichoke bits. I've had crab cakes that were a thousand times better. These were not worth SEK 145. Kind of appalling. Skip them. My daughter's fiance had the beetroots with goat's cheese and it came in a more generous portion and he proclaimed it quite excellent. My daughter and I both ordered the Venison with lingonberries and it was rich and not at all gamey - absolutely delicious. Her fiance had the slow cooked lamb leg and it literally melted in his mouth. We enjoyed a delicious house red with our main course. We ended with the Scania apple cake that was served with an incredible deliciously tart apple sorbet - tasted like freshly squeezed apple. The atmosphere was quiet and cozy with a blazing fire on the hearth. It was rather awful outside - cold, dark and rainy so we didn't get to enjoy any of the view on this visit. If you skip the dry crab cakes, the rest of the food was most definitely worth the visit. Be prepared to surrender a lot of Krona. The restaurant is happy to call a cab service for your trip back to Centrum but the bus stop is only a 5-minute walk. I'd like to return someday and enjoy dinner on a balmy summer evening (rare) and enjoy the view but I will definitely skip the crab cakes.

Reviewed October 3, 2012

I had dinner in Salt & Brygga on a quiet Monday night, so the atmosphere could have been better, but that is the only thing I could possibly criticise and hardly the fault of the restaurant! We have just moved to Malmo and this was our first wedding anniversary, so it was a very special evening.

We both went for a set menu option, which started with 'Smoked wild duck from Skåne with sea buckthorn and pickled onions'. That description does not do this dish justice it was sublime. Perfectly smoked duck with the most amazing sea buckthorn sorbet. Wow. Our main course was even better, if that is possible; 'Venison with lingonberries, preserved chanterelles and cider sauce'. The smell seduced me all on it's own, as it wafted it's way to the table. Dessert was the most unusual dish I think I have ever had. For a 'modern style Skåne apple cake with apple sorbet' I was expecting a slice of tart or cake, with a scoop of ice-cream or sorbet on the side. How wrong! Instead a little piece of heaven arrived at the table. I'm not sure how to describe it, but it was a collection of apple desserts - apple puree like sorbet, chunks of apple bread, apple ice cream, crunchy caramelised pieces of appley meringue and sugar and...I'm not sure how to describe the final element - a frothy dry appley foam that disintegrated in the mouth. Oh my God...heaven.

I really couldn't fault the experience at Salt & Brygga, the staff were lovely; friendly and very knowledgeable. We were given a window seat, which was quite private but staff didn't forget about us. Definitely highly recommended