“Solid Swedish Institution”

Description: We also have a Defribrillator
Mercer Island, Washington
“Solid Swedish Institution”
Reviewed May 18, 2013 via mobile

I was in Malmo for business and decided to take in Tva Krogare based on the reviews on Tripadvisor. I definitely was not disappointed. Fantastic selection of beer and the best Swedish meatballs I've ever had. The place had a warm personality with friendly people. The Swedish guy I was sitting next to was trying to liken it to "the Cheers bar." I was there on a Sunday night and it had a great vibe. There were large communal tables of friends, families gathering and solo people like me huddling around the bar. I would definitely return...and this would be my first recommendation to anyone visiting Malmo.

Visited April 2013
2 Thank rob_mcintosh

• Czech first
  • Turkish first
Malmo, Sweden
“Nice dishes, good service staff”
Reviewed May 16, 2013

Ordered the honey glazed duck and the typical Swedish fare - the meatballs. Their meatballs but this one disappointed me. It felt too 'gamey' and dry. The duck was however, marvellously done. The atmosphere of the place is really nice, old English pub feel, staff were knowledgeable and helpful. The location near the main shopping area is also excellent.

• Visited May 2013
1 Thank lakecomo28
North Andover, Massachusetts
“Similar experience as everyone else...”
Reviewed May 7, 2013

Awesome English pub feel. Central location. Super friendly service. Good food...I had veal meatballs with mashed potatoes and my wife had hash with beets and egg. Both were excellent. Getting used to Swedish prices, but these seemed high...was 450 SEK for two beers and the two entrees.

• Visited May 2013
2 Thank Mojua
London, United Kingdom
“Outstanding food.”
Reviewed April 25, 2013

Booked a table here before we left London, exchanged emails with a nice lady called Stina, and we were very much looking forward to it.

We we not disappointed, the food was superb. I had veal meatballs in gravy, with lingonberry jam, pickles and mash, and my husband had a minced steak burger type thing (no bun!) with root vegetables and mash.

It was absolutely divine - I urge anyone going to Malmo to seek this place out and eat there. It's done out as an English pub, but the food is 100% Swedish. Not cheap, but not as scandalous as some prices in Sweden, we had two main courses, and two alcohoic drinks between us and it worked out at £52.

I would return to Malmo simply to eat at Tva Krogare "Bullen" again!

Visited April 2013
2 Thank ladytubedriver
Odessa, FL
“Two Thumbs Up for the Food at Tva Krogare”
Reviewed April 25, 2013

My husband and I dined earlier this week at Tva Krogare on our way from Göteborg to Amsterdam. The restaurant definitely lived up to reviews we had read on Trip Advisor. Our appetizer (herring prepared two ways--in a mustard sauce and pickled) satisfied my husband's appetite for herring, and the Swedish meatballs were outstanding. The server was friendly and helpful, and her recommendations for beer and wine were spot on. We hope to be able to return to Malmo in the future and will definitely look forward to dining at Tva Krogare again.

• Visited April 2013