“What a delight!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Bullen - Tva Krogare

Bullen - Tva Krogare
Ranked #5 of 792 Restaurants in Malmo
Cuisines: Bar, European, Pub, Swedish, Scandinavian
Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine, Large groups, Bar scene, Families with children
Dining options: Brunch, Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Bay Area, California
“What a delight!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 13, 2012

Last year my husband and I visited Stockholm and were instantly enamored with the people and local cuisine. This year we took a day trip from Copenhagen so my sister could experience what we did last year. This restaurant was recommended to us by the local tourist office (next to the train station). The Swedish meatballs with its lingonberry and mashed potato sides were fantastic. My sister and husband were in pure heaven. I decided to try the pork with potatoes, which also did not disappoint. Try these dishes with a cold glass of Pripps Blå! Be prepared to get very tired after eating this hearty meal! The service and location were also stellar. Try to grab a seat on the terrace, which is great for people watching!

1 Thank Loanne H

• Czech first
  • Turkish first
Moscow, Russia
“Excellent pub with a great kitchen in the center of Malmo!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 30, 2012

Nice place to visit and retutn!
Looking like a traditional pub. But with a great kitchen (we visited it twice with 7 yo child). Very tasty and very large portions (be careful! You may divide 1 main meal for 2 or, at least, 2 for 3 guests).
Children welcome (but with annoying smoking inside)/ And very reasonable price.
So- it's the best place to eat in the center of Malmo!
Pay attention: the most of the inside tables may be prebooked for the evening dinner!

1 Thank VadimBelousov
Orlando, Florida
“Lots of locals and great Swedish meatballs”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 28, 2012

I found this place on TripAdvisor and per reviews made reservations on line just over a month in advance. Stina and I shared a few emails, and everything was perfect. There was no language barrier with anyone. I wanted a traditional Swedish lunch and not French, Thai, pasta, burger, etc. TripAdvisor was ideal for my search and came through as usual with flying colors. We took the train from Copenhagen so we could say that we have been to Sweden. I hope to go back one day and see much more of this beautiful country with so many friendly people. It was about a 15 minute walk from the central train station. There are town maps everywhere so familiarize yourself with the location on TripAdvisor and then look for Storgatan on the map. It's very easy to find, and there are some cute shops and many attractive people to watch on the way or from a bench as we did since we were early. Malmo has many pedestrian only streets and many open parks. It's a pretty little town. We arrived at 11:30 as the restaurant was opening and also the time of our reservation. We must have had the only reservation, but I'm glad we did because it filled up quickly and people kept coming and going. Because of our reservation, we must have had the select table, which was 2 seater by what appeared to be the original entryway at the corner. Many of the parties of 1 or 2 entering seemed to check it out for availabillity first! The entry now is a few steps from the corner through two doors, which leads to main room with bar and a few tables. The room we were in only had tables plus the entry to the bathroom. Not sure about ladies' room, but the men's room was very clean with ample paper towels. We both were still full from a large breakfast so we opted to just have a main plate and a beer. We both had Swedish meatballs and a Swedish beer each. (What else would you have for your first meal in Sweden?) The meatballs came on a plate by themselves. I believe there were 5; they were huge and very tasty and surrounded by gravy. A side plate contained mashed potatoes, lingon berries, and pickled cucumber slices. I didn't care for the cucumbers, but everything else was worth the trip from Denmark for lunch. For some reason, it costs less to go from Denmark to Sweden than vice versa in standard class so try to buy a round trip ticket in Denmark, if that's an option. The beer was very tasty. No room for dessert. We appeared to be the only non-locals, and most seemed to eat very quickly and leave. There were lots of regulars, and most seemed to know each other. We were treated like guests and were given just as good of service as everyone else unlike some places that treat out of towners like they'll never see them again and don't care. The special of the day was fried herring-didn't have so not sure how it was but probably very good. They have bowls of salad at various locations around restaurant so you just help yourself to a plate of salad and a little dressing (oil and vinegar and one other). I did not get any Swedish money and used by credit card for lunch, the return train ticket, and souvenirs. This place does NOT charge a service fee for credit cards-a big positive. I tried to leave a tip on the card but pushed the wrong button. I told the waiter I had no Swedish money and asked if I could leave the tip in Danish money, and he said no problem so that's what I did. .In summary, this was one of the best lunches I have had recently. If I return to Copenhagen and I hope to, I will stop in Malmo for lunch here again.

Paris, France
“Traditional good Swedish food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 28, 2012

Cosy restaurant, warm and friendly service, a good choice of Swedish food. We had the “Pytt i panna”, it was very good and cooked exactly as it should be. Big portions and quality food for a reasonable price. It’s best to make a reservation if you want to be sure to eat here.

• Visited June 2012
Khimki, Russia
“Real Sweden cousine”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 28, 2012

That small restaurant was one of the good impressions during our visit to Malme. We try to find real Sweden restaraurant and we lucky! It's not big, but very comfortable. Meatballs were very tasty, especially with sauce. Waitress was attentive. Prices are very reasonable.

• Visited July 2011