“Fantastic food”
Review of Izakaya Koi

Izakaya Koi
Reserve with
Izakaya Koi is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #186 of 882 Restaurants in Malmo
Cuisines: Japanese
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Gamla Staden
Reviewed September 15, 2013

Have visited KOI several times when in Malmö, the food is always to a high standard and very well presented. This is primarily a sushi restaurant but also has some great cooked Asian meals. The staff provide a great service and the food comes out in a good time. Great outdoor dining area in the summer. They have a decent wine selection also. I would recommend this to anyone visiting Malmö.

Reviewed August 11, 2013

Izakaya Koi is a Japanese themed restaurant in the Lilla Torg square. It was quite expensive (i believe around 15 Eur per person for noodles with a little bit of meat to it). We ordered the soba noodle dishes and both wished we had ordered something else. It was a little plain and not quite as good as the sashimi dishes looked. Overall the location is amazing, the food was filling and okay but quite expensive for what you get. From a service perspective, I thought the waiter was good and brought a bottle of water almost immediately and the food was also very quick. However the person at the bar who you pay at the end was not as friendly. There are quite a few options in Lilla Torg and I would probably prefer other options if we were to return.

Reviewed June 21, 2013

The one thing this restaurant has going for it is the location. As for the food, it's expensive and frankly not very good, although far from terrible. The service was pretty slow and the staff could be nonchalant at times. It's OK for lunch (if you don't mind paying through the nose) but I wouldn't go here for dinner.

1  Thank Nick O
Reviewed February 12, 2013

I ordered a miso with salmon and the salmon wasn't fresh. I've ONLY eaten fish for years so I ONLY go to sushi and seafood restaurants and I KNOW how a fish smells and tastes if it's not as fresh as it should be. And this wasn't. I went directly to the chefs to ask for a new portion of miso (the waiter was on the phone - we were the only guests in the restaurant). The chefs didn't look very accommodating and they didn't regret with a word. But a got a new portion - and it was still not fresh. the waiter didn't come to the table to ask whether the soup was better this time and even though he noticed that I had not touched the salmon, he charged us for the soup. As for the rest: we had sashimi for around 350 SEK and I think this price is too high for what we got. The peaces were simply to small. And the beer is extraordinary expensive. I can't recommend this place and we will not go there again.

1  Thank Spirits-in-the-night
Reviewed January 24, 2013

Used to serve swedish food made with japaneese ingredients. Good food and sometimes good luchoffers.