“Great tapas”

Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations
Neighborhood: Gamla Staden
Reviewed July 14, 2012

This restaurant was recommended by the hotel and it was so good I ate there twice. A bit on the expensive side. Lots of locals which is always a good sign. Swedes seem to sing at the drop of a hat and people at several tables broke into song while I was there.

Reviewed July 5, 2012

Apparently the cook forgot us (and so did the waiter) so after complaining we got our food after 45 min. Some of the food was ok but the large shrimps did not taste fresh. I would not compare the food to real Spanish tapas - for this it was too deep fried and too tasteless.

1  Thank TimPedersen76
Reviewed June 27, 2012

Located in a street just off the bustling Lilla Torg square, the restaurant has a central but more quiet location. The tapas menu is fairly extensive and there is one English menu circulating around that makes a world of difference in ordering. The tapas were universally quite satisfying. We tried chorizo, green peppers, shrimp scampi, lamp chops with an excellent salsa, and some others I'm blanking on. The dessert was a tasty mouse with berries. The service was good. The interior of the restaurant was a little too warm, and the outside seats were a little too cold that day. Given the good food and quite reasonable prices for Sweden, I would definitely recommend it for a meal while in Malmo.

Reviewed May 16, 2012

The food is outstanding and so is the service, and with the exchange rate excellent value.
I become used to the fact that many of the restarants in Sweden are of a high quality and La Roche, lived up to the mantle.
Recommend it thoroughly.

Reviewed February 28, 2012

This is a popular place for lunch so you might have to wait for a table. The service is good and the tapas are really tasty. The last time I wen for lunch I had the tapas plate and it was good as always.