“Great little cosy hotel in great location in central Malmo”

Best Western Plus Hotel Noble House
Ranked #8 of 37 Hotels in Malmo
“Great little cosy hotel in great location in central Malmo”
Reviewed May 18, 2013 via mobile

Staying in this hotel currently for Eurovision. The hotel is located just off one of the main streets in Malmo. The rooms are good and clean if anything a little small complete with teddies. The complimentary coffee and biscuits in the lobby is a nice touch and something which we utilised. We started our stay with a room on the front of the hotel but it a little noisy here with food deliveries early in the morning and the Irish pub next door. We asked tone moved and we were moved to a room overlooking the courtyard area. Would recommend this hotel and would consider it if I stay in Malmo again.

• Stayed May 2013
Anton H, General Manager at Best Western Plus Hotel Noble House, responded to this review, May 22, 2013
Dear Basha7,
Thank you for staying at Noble House and for coming to Malmö and celebrate the Eurovision with us! Sorry for the noise, it was a very lively week with a bit more people and noise in the streets than we are used to.

Looking forward to welcome you to Malmö and BW Plus Hotel Noble House again!

Anton

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
  • Finnish first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Fareham
Reviewed April 24, 2013

I had a room overlooking the central core of the buildings which form this hotel. The room was hot and stuffy. It was difficult to sleep with the window open at night, due to what appeared to be noise from air handing units in the central core.

The bathroom is not supplied with any toiletries, but these can be requested from Reception. The shower was lukewarm on the three occasions I used it. I did not have a thermometer, but I guess the water was 30 deg C at the most. I prefer a hotter shower.

There is no hospitality tray in the room, so no tea/coffee-making facilities. There is a large coffee pot and hot water in the lounge area, but of course this is not available 24 hours.

I noticed that coffee ran out a few times at breakfast and there is no easy way for staff to check how full the coffee pots are. Normal continental breakfast, with a few hot items - pancakes and American-style bacon.

This would not be my hotel of choice in Malmo, but would stay here again if necessary.

Room Tip: Ask if you can see the room before moving in. Each room is different.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Anton H, General Manager at Best Western Plus Hotel Noble House, responded to this review, May 6, 2013
Dear Sir,
Thank you for staying with us at Best Western Plus Hotel Noble House and also for giving us feedback upon your stay.
I am truly sorry that we did not live up to the high standards that we our self, and our guests expect. We have taken actions to improve the shortcomings that you mention.
The reason that we do not supply any disposable toiletries in our rooms is because of our environmental policies. As you say, you can always request them and the front desk personnel will be happy to deliver them to your room. The hospitality tray is at the moment only in our Superior and Deluxe rooms. However you can always ask the front desk to bring you an extra tray in a Standard room as well.
I hope you will reconsider and give us a second try next time in Malmö. We will be happy to show you our improvement.

Stockholm, Sweden
Reviewed February 28, 2013

This cosy hotel is my new favourite hotel in Malmö. The rooms have a very nice classic decor with a modern twist and the three teddybears in every room are a sweet and personal touch. The reception and breakfast room staff are very friendly, welcoming and helpful. The little restaurant with only a handful of tables offers a small but tasty menu. Location is excellent right in the middle of the old city, just by Gustav Adolf's square. I strongly recommend this hotel regardless if for business or pleasure. It's like coming home.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Busse
Anton H, General Manager at Best Western Plus Hotel Noble House, responded to this review, March 6, 2013
Hi Busse,
Thank you very much for your kind words and feedback. I will share them with all my colleagues and we all wish to see you back soon!

Reggio Emilia, Italy
Reviewed February 27, 2013

Let's start off by saying the location of this hotel is perfect, in the very heart of Malmo, walking distance both from Malmo Central and Triangeln train station.
Staff is really friendly and helpful, and it compensate for small things that you'd expect from a 4-star hotel, and you cannot find here: minibar with water and Coke only (?!), no kettle, courtesy set on request only at the reception (free of charge)...
The room was clean, but tiny, especially the bathroom.
Breakfast was quite ok, but no fresh fruit salad, only canned! Good Nespresso available.
Good, but really up to 4 stars requirements, price average.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Anton H, General Manager at Best Western Plus Hotel Noble House, responded to this review, March 5, 2013
Hi Patty A,
Thank you very much for staying at our hotel and for your feedback.
This really helps us to improve and are very appreciated.

Welcome back to Best Western PLUS Hotel Noble House soon again.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 6, 2013

I stayed here over new year in a superior double room. While I was probably expecting a slightly larger room, this hotel exceeded my expectations in every other way. The room was very well decorated, lovely lighting, the bed was really very comfortable, the bathroom was a good size and had everything I needed for my stay (shower gel/shampoo/ hairdryer etc) anything extra can be acquired from the reception. The breakfast was lovely with a great selection of hot and cold food, fruit, juices etc, they even had an espresso machine, which was a great addition.

The hotel is in a great location and I had no trouble with noise from outside (even with the window open, overlooking the front of the building). Staff were warm and welcoming. A lovely place to stay.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 6, 2013

Very nice hotel in the very centre of town. I liked everything from good shower to comfy bed to lovely breakfast.(there is a Swedish section where you can try herrings and caviar plus the different kinds of breads which are all lovely). It was very clean, quiet and relaxed (breakfast until 11am and check out at 12). Very kind and helpful staff. Free WIFI. Only found out the last day there was a swedish sauna, unfortunately too late! Recommended!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Anton H, General Manager at Best Western Plus Hotel Noble House, responded to this review, February 11, 2013
Dear Elenananodagiardino,
Seems like you had a great time at our hotel which makes me very happy!

I hope to see you back soon!

Aliso Viejo, California, United States
Reviewed December 2, 2012

This was my first time staying at this hotel - I’ve stayed at the various Scandic hotels as well the IBIS. The hotel is well located, easy to get to and a number of good restaurants nearby. It is also reasonably priced and has a good Wi-Fi. All in all a good deal for a short business stay.
Getting there: It is a short (10 min) walk from Malmo Central station. Walk across the bridge towards the Scandic Kramer, turn left at the Kramer and walk around the square and through the shops until you see the Body Shop (on the (right). Take a right and the hotel is on your left.
Here is my summary – I try to take into account the things you might find important on a business trip

Location: Very good, easy to get to. Several restaurants nearby. Try Lemongrass about 2 min away
Room: Spacious, comfortable beds, temperature control in room
Bathroom: Large for Nordic hotel, well lit, shaving mirror
Work-space: Average, 2 power sockets available at table, not much room on the desk if you have a laptop on it
Wi-Fi: Very good, free. Easily able to connect to my work network and work remotely.
Breakfast: Reasonable, selection of everything one might look for, included in (my) price
Negatives: Lighting was very poor in the room.

One other oddity – when I asked about my BW points they said that they do not give points for nights booked outside the BW website; odd because the BW website tells you what to do to get such credit if you have booked via an external site. Front staff was polite but cool – I’d classify it as Swedish friendly.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Anton H, General Manager at Best Western Plus Hotel Noble House, responded to this review, December 7, 2012
Dear Sir,
Thank you for taken your time to write an review and for choosing to stay at our hotel! AS you mention, WiFi and breakfast buffet is allways included in all of our rates.
We will take your points of view under consideration and try to improve your´s and our future guests experience even further.

Looking forward to welcome you again soon!