All reviews venetian blinds one night hotel is located central station an older building pedestrian street lilla torg amazing location ground floor hot and cold options within walking distance air conditioning old city breakfast buffet old style the main square yogurt
Selected filters
Reviewed February 22, 2019

I spent a couple of nights at this hotell in September 2018. My first visit to Malmö. The hotel was quite ok. Close to everything in the center of town, the room not big but normally nice for Scandinavia, and the staff normally helpsome. The breakfast was a bit strange. I like to have a glass of cold, fresh milk with my eggs and cheese and stuff. Nowhere to be seen, but I could fine all sorts of "alternatives", like oats milk, soy milk etc. I asked. Cow milk, oh, yes we have some in the little can for the coffee, next to the coffee oat milk. Lukewarm. I also did not feel welcome as a smoker, since there were no fascilities than to go to the street. There were even a nearby café with purposely no ashtrays in their outdoor serving. Sweden and Malmö are welcoming all kinds of other people, and I wandered if that massive immigration had changed the city. Not the center of town. The new "swedes" prefere their own societies most of the time, so Malmö is calm, most of the time.

Reviewed September 19, 2018

I stayed at the First Hotel Mortensen for 4 nights in September. The hotel is located within a few blocks of Central Station. This hotel is in an older building which makes for some stunning designs. I was disappointed in my first room as it was dark and the bathroom smelled. I was told there were no other rooms. Later that night i found out my tv didnt work. I told reception the next morning and they did inform me there was a room i could have. I guess someone checked out. My new room was WONDERFUL. Bright, great view, just a delight to come back to. I would suggest staying at this hotel, the hotel is nice, quiet, clean and they have a great free breakfast buffet. It is also located around alot of shopping but never loud. I had a very nice stay here!

Reviewed September 16, 2018 via mobile

The location of this hotel couldn’t be better- just off Lilla Torg and right in old town. Tons of shopping, eating and exploring right out the door.

My room was very spacious though the furniture did feel a bit drab. Bathroom was very clean and bright.

Breakfast was solid with hot and cold options (meats cheeses, eggs, yogurt fruit). Coffee and tea was available 24/7 in the lobby which I really appreciated!

If you have a glass of wine in the bar they give a generous pour, and the staff was always helpful and friendly.

Best part was with your key you can access the gym a few doors down! So simple and easy and such a great perk.

One and only downside- no guest laundry. Normally this is not an issue, but I was 6 days into an 18 day trip and handy planned on having such a hard time finding a place to wash clothes. For planning purposes: it’s Swedish law that apartments have laundry so the only laundry service that exists in Malmo is pay by item. I found two hotels that had washers and both were horribly mean and unhelpful about using them. So... plan ahead! ;)

Hotel Mortensen was great.

Reviewed September 3, 2018

We selected this hotel as it was in the centre of Malmo. The staff were very friendly and the breakfast was reasonable by local standards. However the hotel has not been maintained adequately. The lift indicatotor was stuck on floor 5 which indicates that it needs a service. The first room we had had to be changed as it was dirty so we briefly stayed in a second room where the venetian blinds didn't close properly due to the mechanism being broken. The third room, although clean, had similar problems with the blinds not shutting out the light and the curtains being there for decorative purposes only. The entrance light did not work and only 2 of the 6 bulbs in the chandelier were working. There was no fridge or coffee/tea making facilities in the room. There was a fan provided as there was no air conditioning. We did not watch the TV due to the poor quality of the programmes. The staff were aware of the problems but were not in a position to do anything about them. All in all, a very disappointing experience.

Date of stay: August 2018
Reviewed August 22, 2018 via mobile

Hotel is in an excellent location smack bang in the middle of Malmö. Hotel is impressive from the street but the modern shiny ground floor gives way to tired upper floors. Water pressure in my room was not good. Breakfast foods were not replaced once they finished.

Staff were pleasant enough, not especially welcoming or engaging.

The room was an excellent size and was very well cleaned.

Date of stay: August 2018