“If you are in Malmo, then it has to be Scandic Triangelin”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Scandic Triangeln

Scandic Triangeln
Ranked #9 of 38 Hotels in Malmo
Pune, India
“If you are in Malmo, then it has to be Scandic Triangelin”
Reviewed September 5, 2013

Last week I was on my business trip to Malmo and was staying at the Scandic Hotel.
The best thing of this hotel is the location, if you come from Copenhegan by the metro just after one station over the bridge you land at the Triangelin station and from the station its just a 50 mtrs walkand you are the hotel.
Secondly it is located at the centre of the city so along with a good view of the city you have good restaurants and shops around
As it was summer I could take the bike and go around in the city to explore a bit after the office time, just before you catch up to eat of lot of options
All in all a very good place to be in...

Room Tip: Take a room facing the front side to ableto see the sunrise and a good view of the city
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank ssgee

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (67)
  • Hungarian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Brighton, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 28, 2013

The walk from the station to the hotel was as seamless as it gets. Pretty much heading immediately south from the station, and you'll finding yourself at the Hilton. Especially so as it acts as the dead-end of the streets and streets of shops and markets along the way.

On arrival, the check-in desk had no problems getting our itinerary up, and along with the pleasantries of greeting and small-talk, then offered to upgrade us to a larger, single bed room, but as my friend and I weren't a couple, we declined - reminiscent of the scene in friends, where the 'smoochy' couple got freely upgraded to first class for their honeymoon.

Any way, the room we did get met all expectations, clean, pleasant, a tv, a fridge, cups and complimentary bottles of water. Down the hall from our room you can find a free-to-use ice machine.

If you head north out of the hotel, you'll find plenty of old-town streets of independent shops and rural markets, including an absolutely fantastic setup of lights guiding your way down the streets, if you visit during Christmastime. Not to mention the parks/ public squares that were also decorated for the season. Heading immediately southeast of the hotel, you'll find big shopping malls, and other larger chains of restaurants.

Room Tip: Lots of construction to be seen with a south facing room - get a north facing room for a fantastic v...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
3 Thank Samuel E
Nicosia, Cyprus
Reviewed August 25, 2013

Best thing about this hotel are the rooms. Really big, spacious, sunny and comfortable (which is from what I gather unique in Malmo). I stayed for two weeks, so this was very important. Great pillows and mattresses. Rooms are really high up, so you get amazing views of the city. Lots of restaurants near by (don't miss the genuine thai place round the corner) and a lot of shopping. At the top of the pedestrian street that leads all the way to the waterfront. Modern facilities, good breakfast (yummy swedish pancakes) staff is extremely friendly, and I loved the "mini bar" which apart from an empty little fridge, is actually a little shop across from reception that sells from coffee and sandwiches to toothbrushes and everything in between 24/7. Don't expect room service, there is none.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Alex P
Swan Hill, Australia
Reviewed August 15, 2013

Hotel was selected by friends and was very suitable for central position. We were able to walk to various parts of town we wanted to explore. Rooms were wonderful with a great view, but hard to see very well as the windows were a bit dirty. Breakfast was great and parking a little difficult to find, but when we did it was quite suitable.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Scandic_Triangeln, Front Office Manager at Scandic Triangeln, responded to this review, August 22, 2013
It is realy nice to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us.
The windows are being cleaned during the summer so next time you stay with us,
the view will be even better.

Best regards
Front desk
Geneva, Switzerland
Reviewed August 8, 2013 via mobile

The hotel is perfect for a city visit. Centrally located, close to shops and means of transportation. It offers some great views of the city and the rooms are clean and spacious.

The only two things I did not like where: the bar closes at 11pm so no food out drinks later than that; there is nothing in the room mini bar, so if you want something when you arrive late in your room, the only option is water from the tap.

To be fair there is a small convenience store in the hall where to buy some goodies. However, when I was there I would have had to pay at the same desk of the check in, where there were a few people inline and iI did not feel like waiting.

Overall reccomended.

• Stayed July 2013
I am glad to hear that you hade a good stay with us, it is indeed great with the train station so close to the hotel.
I will forward your thoughts on the opening hours of the bar to my F&B manager.
Thank you for your feedback and hope to see you again.

Best regards
Front desk
Helsinki
Reviewed July 19, 2013

I am a big fan of the Scandic chain because I like the cosy athmosphere and their own online booking system which almost always gives you a best price. Many hotel chains provide higher prices on their own website than hotel portals that I don't understand.

I spent two nights at Scandic Potzdamer Platz in Berlin before arriving to Scandic Triangeln. I know it's unfair to compare a brand new complex to Triangeln but the age can been seen at the Triangeln. However, the service at the check-in was excellent, a brand new car park under the hotel was quite a luxury because I needed just 10 meters walk from the car to the elevator. The rate, SEK 160 was reasonable.

The room was much larger than average standard in Europe, I was very pleased that there was a modern 40 inch flat screen hd tv. Beds and pillows were very good, but the bathroom hopefully will get a modernisation in the near future. The breakfast was included which is quite common in Scandinavia. It was good, better than in most European countries, but could be better.

Overall, I was very satisfied. I got a long sleep, no traffic noise in the high floor. Especially the city of Malmo surprised me. The media coverage is mostly negative, but the city is absolutely fantastic. Architects have done a brilliant job to benefit the seaside location by creating a fascinating new area around the famous "turning torso" tower. I could consider moving there when I'll stop working. Property prices are very attractive and Copenhagen is nearby.

Room Tip: ask a high floor.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank RichmondRedDeer
Scandic_Triangeln, Front Office Manager at Scandic Triangeln, responded to this review, July 21, 2013
I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and in Malmö, the surroundings around the
Turning Torso is, as you said very nice.
We have some good news regarding rooms and bathrooms, there will be a extensive renovation in the fall.
So I do hope to see you as our guest again.
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Reviewed July 10, 2013

I stayed in this hotel about 4 times when it was Hilton. And in the last seven weeks, I had another 3 different stays here. On my second stay, I was rudely woken up one morning at about 6-7am by the door opening. I jolted up and sat up on my bed. Someone looked into the room and closed the door and left. I thought maybe the housekeeper thought the room was empty, and I forgot to mention this incident during checkout.
However, on the last day of my 3rd stay, I was getting ready to checkout so after showering I was doing some packing and I was not dressed. The housekeeper opened the door without knocking. I hid behind the bed and yelled at her many times to close the door but she knelt at the door and kept saying "I'm sorry, I'm sorry" but keeping the door open for another 10-15 secs. I complained during checkout but the staff at the front desk did nothing except take my email down and said the housekeeping manager will contact me, but I have had no news. It's been almost a week.
I've stayed in many hotels and this has never happened to me. Firstly, the housekeeper should knock loudly and say "housekeeping" before opening the door. Secondly, on the day of checkout they know not to come until I've checked out.
It's the most convenient location for me and I love their beds and the breakfast, that's why I'm always choosing this hotel.
But I'm disappointed with the failure to fulfill their promise of contacting me and if the smell from the sewage in the bathrooms (its in all rooms) is not fixed, I would consider choosing another hotel next time.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Scandic_Triangeln, Front Office Manager at Scandic Triangeln, responded to this review, July 15, 2013
Dear Pooiyian,

I am so sorry we failed in contacting you as promised at checkout.

We have taken the matter up with the maid in question.

Again, we are truly sorry for the inconvenience you experienced during your stay with us but still hope to see you as our guest again.

Have a great summer.