“Home away from home”
Review of MJ's Hotel

MJ's Hotel
Ranked #2 of 37 Hotels in Malmo
Reviewed December 11, 2013

Stayed here on a small week end trip away from home - and found that this is the place to stay.
Brilliant service all over - reception, breakfast/kitchen staff - you name it - they were there for us.
Room (stayed in 303) large but still cosy with huge bed, small livingroom arrangement with good chairs and table to sit and relax in and a large cupboard.
The bathroom was large with a great tub ( candles and a small rubberduck no less ) and all the essentials you needed.
Breakfast was super: The breakfast area perfectly sized with a small manned kitchen that made the hot food while you waited - great. And kitchen and breakfast staff was so friendly and accomodating to your needs/wishes with an eye on every finger to make sure that everything was in tip top order.
I can't recommend this hotel enough - have stayed several other places in Malmö before but this hotel beats them all - period.
If I had to move away from home - I'll go here.
Thanks for a great stay - we'll be back.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank bastian87
Hotel_Master_Johan, Owner at MJ's Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 15, 2014

Thank you very much for you kind Words.

I'm so happy that you enjoyed you stay with us,
I hope to see you here again soon.

Reviewed November 11, 2013

A great hotel great value and alternative to Copenhagen. It is definitely worth considering this hotel. The location in the middle of the city, breakfast buffet, very fair prices and friendly staff makes it a sincere pleasure to stay here. The rooms are large and well equipped to make it a pleasant stay.

Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank Montagnola
Reviewed October 17, 2013

Some of our family who live in Malmo recommended this hotel to us. We had previously stayed at the Malmo Hilton which we found to be excellent. However my wife and I and one of our adult sons decided to stay at the Master Johan on this visit to Malmo as it was more central to the main squares, bars and restaurants. Our rooms were spacious and well furnished but our abiding memory of them was that they cold and not heated very well. The breakfast room had a lofty glass roof with lots of natural lighting which gave it a lovely atmosphere. We enjoyed breakfast very much and were joined by family who looked forward to the breakfast there. The staff from the kitchen and breakfast room were very helpful and eager to engage in conversation about our holiday and about Ireland. We found staff at reception a bit distant and not very helpful. As you can see my memories of this hotel are rather mixed.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
6  Thank John B
Hotel_Master_Johan, General Manager at MJ's Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 24, 2013

Dear Sir,
I'm sad to hear that you didn't enjoy your stay with us.
I hope you will give us one more chance to prove that we can do better.
If you have the possibility I would wery much like to know in with room you stayed in so that I can check the heating there.

Reviewed October 8, 2013

Despite a late arrival we received a warm welcome. The location was ideal, down a quite street but close to both the railway station and restaurants, bars etc. The room was large, clean and comfortable. Breakfast was excellent.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Neil_and_Rosie
Reviewed September 15, 2013

I stay at this hotel on a regular basis when I visit Malmö in Sweden. The staff provide great service, are very friendly and happy to help. The rooms are a classic decor but feel very fresh and clean. The room and bathroom size is above average for a Swedish hotel. The hotel is located close to Lilla Torg in the city center. Breakfast is great with a good selection of food. The room service dinner menu is nice although the quality of food can vary, on 2 occasions I have received cold food, not cool but cold, this was quickly rectified though. I would highly recommend staying at the Master Johan when in a business or leisure trip to Malmö.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank eblac
Hotel_Master_Johan, Owner at MJ's Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 19, 2013

I´m very glad to hear that you enjoy your stays with us.
I will definitely look over the routine with the food so that you won't receive cold food again.

Reviewed August 12, 2013

I chose to stay in Hotel Master Johan encouraged by the good reviews. It did not disappoint.

The location is very good. The room is large and convenient. The decor is not that great but assuming that one does not live in the hotel permanently ... not a big deal.

The only minuses were the fact that delivery vans and rubbish collectors were making noise early in the morning so you won't sleep too long (though the street is quiet) and the breakfast could be better.

Overall, a good experience.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Tygrys
Hotel_Master_Johan, Owner at MJ's Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 13, 2013

Thank you fpr you reveiw.
I'm sorry that you got disturbed by the delivery vans and rubbish colletors. We are talken to them to try to make them come a bit later in the day.

I hope you will come back to us so we can show you that Malmö is a quiet Town.

Owner and General Manager

Reviewed August 8, 2013 via mobile

Big room in quiet area in central Malmö. Can't really find anything negative to write about. A few things to mention: no air conditioning and it was too warm in the room since it was a warm day. My VIP package was forgotten. A fridge in the room would have be nice to have. Otherwise I had a wonderful stay.

• Stayed: August 2013