“Feels like Sweden :-)”
Review of MJ's Hotel

MJ's Hotel
Ranked #2 of 37 Hotels in Malmo
Reviewed May 7, 2012 via mobile

I repeatedly stayed there for business 2007 - 2011 and it was my second home. Cosy rooms with wooden floor and antique-style furniture, Bang&Olufson TV with limited choice of english channels, bath tub with yellow rubber duck to play around, breakfast with great choice and attentive personnel. There's is no hotel bar (what I found good), but you can have drinks in the nice lobby hall. Try to get a room on the upper floors as it gets sometimes noisy from people leaving the Lila Torg, or get a room facing the court. I found the rooms in the old part of the hotel more cosy than in the new part. The staff is very friendly and always good for a joke, yet very professional. Too bad I quit my job in October 2011, I'm missing those stays !

• Stayed: September 2011
2  Thank Dennis R
Write a ReviewReviews (1,077)

Reviewed April 23, 2012

I stayed at the Master Johan for one night this spring. The hotel is a short 5min walk from the Central train station (which is only a 20 min train ride from Copenhaguen airport) in a nice old city area. The staff was very friendly an d helpful and the hotel is very nicely decorated.

Great hotel, will come back.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank GlobalTB
Hotel_Master_Johan, Owner at MJ's Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 25, 2012

Thanks for your nice review, I hope i will be able to welcom you back to Malmö and Hotel Master Johan.
Best regards
Nina Ulvinen
Owner
Hotel Master Johan

Reviewed April 7, 2012

The hotel is a mix of tradition and design. Really really confortabile and located in a perfect position, just 50 meters from the nicest square of the city named Lila Torg and few minutes from the Train station. The rooms are really big and clean and the breakfast is appreciable. Next time theatre I Willemstad be' in Malmö I willemstad chiose for this accomodati in without any . Wi-fi for free in each room.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank flegname
Reviewed April 5, 2012

I love this place!!
And the breakfast was the best. They have it all!
Nice beds and everything!

- a happy guest

• Stayed: August 2011
1  Thank AlexandraRydberg
Reviewed March 29, 2012

I'd heard good things about this hotel, and with the reviews and the awards perhaps expectations were high. Sure, very good standard all the way through, but still did get a bit disappointed with the pricing they have. If you are looking for that 'home away from home' feeling some hotels give you, or a hotel with that finnishing touch, this is not the place. The room was very spacious, good quality furniture, but not cosy, lacking finess in decoration. The best thing was the very comfortable bed and the very quiet room (double doors to the room). Breakfast perfectly alright with all the usual offerings, but not one to add value to the visit.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank getitright19
Hotel_Master_Johan, Owner at MJ's Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 1, 2012

Dear Sir,

I read your review and I’m very sorry that we didn’t live up to your expectations
I would very much appreciate if you would like to give me some tips to help us improve what you think is missing. If you would like to contact me you can reach me at nina.ulvinen@masterjohan.se and I hope to see you as our guest again.

Best regards

Nina Ulvinen
Owner of Hotel Mäster Johan

Reviewed January 19, 2012

We stayed here for a weekend away and we weren't dissapointed. Large room with a homely feel with great rugs on beautiful wooden floors. ! even a little rubber ducky for our bath. The staff were great and Professional. We had a great breakfast next morning. We are looking forward to our next stay.

• Stayed: January 2012
2  Thank taloolaa
Reviewed January 7, 2012

Conveniently situated an easy 10min stroll from the railway station, this delightful hotel is one of the best we've ever stayed in. We stayed for 5 nights and found the staff generous, polite and helpful. The room was very quiet despite opening onto the central atrium as the rooms have two soundproof doors. Our room was spacious and well appointed and we were delighted to find a fresh flower in our room. The breakfast is excellent. The hotel has a focus on attention to detail. There are all day espresso coffee and tea facilities, along with fruit and biscuits provided free for all guests in the atrium. We found it wonderfully refreshing to be able to put ones feet up in lovely surroundings after a day out and about. The Hotel provides free business centre access.

We were lucky enough to be there for an annual art exhibition the Hotel hosts in the atrium. It was great to see the work of local artists.

We were obliged to catch an early train on our day of departure and needed to leave the Hotel before breakfast was available. The staff offered to provide a 'sandwich' instead at no additional cost. We were delighted to find a table set out for us early the next morning with freshly made coffee, tea, juice and a lovely open sandwich with beautiful ham and cheese. This was totally unexpected and further reflects the Hotel's ethos. We would not hesitate to recommend this Hotel and would happily return.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple