Elite Hotel Savoy
  • Restaurant
$156
$148
  • Breakfast included
Park Inn by Radisson Malmo(Malmo)(Great Value!)
$95
  • Breakfast included
Scandic S:t Jorgen(Malmo)(Great Value!)
$101
Scandic Kramer(Malmo)(Great Value!)
$113
  • Breakfast included
Mayfair Hotel Tunneln(Malmo)(Great Value!)
$88
$85
  • Breakfast included
Comfort Hotel Malmo(Malmo)(Great Value!)
$96
$88
Comfort Hotels
  • Breakfast included
Radisson Blu Hotel, Malmo(Malmo)(Great Value!)
$119
$114
$115
$110
ClarionCollection
$105
$81
  • Breakfast included
All reviewscentral stationsmall stairshotel pricesbishop armsold styleperfect locationelegant hotelsalamibusiness triphotel staffwifi is freeold buildingan upgradeloved this hotelcopenhagen airportthe ground floorshopping area
FilterAll languages
Reviewed March 24, 2013

I'm sorry to say that this my favorite hotel in Malmö (and where I always stay when in town) didn't met up with my expections this time.
I had booked the room well in advanced asking to be given a room (I always have DeLuxe or suite) in the old part at the corner of the hotel where it's high ceilings and this wonderful old feeling I love and with gorgeous views over Turning Torso and the sea.
When I arrived at 3PM on Sunday I asked if the room was one of those I had asked for and the answer was no. Those rooms weren't ready. So I asked how long it would take because I was prepared to wait. But the receptionist said they didn't clean all the rooms so those rooms wouldn't be cleaned all day (??)
We have a room here out to the Central station or to the street. Take one!
The tone wasn't very nice and very arrogant. It was just like he said Take it or leave it. The thing is I book so long in advance and to get a good price I have to pay upon booking so I had to stay.
The room I ended up in was very dissapointing. The view was great but the room was very small, one of the radiators was broken and practically spurted out heat which made me have one window open all the time. It was very cold and windy the days I stayed there so not very nice.
The lights didn't work and it was hard to get some warm water in the shower. I had to let it run for 10 minutes before it got so warm I could shower.
What has happened to this hotel that used to be so nice? I sure hope they will shape up and have better service minded personnel first and formost. The day I left they actually had other receptionist and they were so much more service minded.
I'm not sure this will be my first choice next time in Malmö I'm sorry to say.

2  Thank emtes54
Reviewed March 18, 2013

This hotel reminds me of the problems Elite have in Karlstad, when taking over an old, established hotel. The rooms are scattered over different parts of the hotel, reachable by small stairs and elevators that take you one floor etc, seemingly without any logic plan. More evident drawback, the painting and decoration are at times outworn and in need of a major update. The lobby is small and not inviting you to spend any longer time chatting there.

My room was - considering the state of some public areas - surprisingly modern and housed everything I needed for a business trip. Comfy bed, safe, refrigerator, iron board and a good bathroom. Wifi is free and deliver a good speed.

The breakfast buffet was a bit disappointing: The bread sortiment was a bit poor and I got the impression of defrozen pieces. No fresh juice available and, overall, not much of "homemade" products. However, you can certainly find something to please you, I found the youghurt with fresh berries good.

The restaurant has decent food (I did not pay myself and cannot tell about the price level) and a quite good service. It has the ambience of an old French brasserie, not bad.

Room Tip: Ask for a redecorated room
Reviewed March 13, 2013

I have stayed at quite a few hotels in Malmo, and this is convenient when you arrive late by train. It's a few minutes walk from Malmo Central. I usually book a double room for myself, which I did for this visit. My room overlooked the station, on the second floor. If you have a lot of luggage, the lift can be slow (bit of an antique!). Access at floor level is by your key card, so good security. The room I had this time had two single beds pushed together ( a "double room"). There was one armchair and a chair at the desk. There was a flat-screen TV attached to the wall, with one English channel, CNN. You have access to the TV sockets, so if you have a cable, you could connect up a PC, DVD player, etc. The room has facilities for making tea and coffee, with a good selection of teas. The coffee is instant, unlike the Elite Plaza about 10 minutes walk away. The bathroom had a full-size bath, with a shower. A range of toiletries were provided, including bars of soap. A hairdryer was attached to the wall. The room was cold the first night, as there was no heating turned on. Someone turned it on before the second night I stayed. Breakfast was reasonable, but if you are used to a cooked breakfast, be aware that the bacon is American-style (crisp/streaky), and the sausages are frankfurters. The egg is scrambled. I would stay here again, but will probably try other hotels in Malmo first.

Room Tip: A low floor, if you have a lot of luggage. Based on a colleague's experience, avoid a single room as they are very small and her heating did not work at all.
1  Thank Kvukwt
Reviewed March 5, 2013

This hotel gives OK value for money, actually hotels in Malmö costs less than Stockholm and Gothenburg. A lot of the room are redecorated quite recently and allthough the access to some of the rooms are a bit tricky, the rooms are quite good. Restaurant is a retro Paris style restaurant, OK food with not too good service. Prices was quite reasonable.
Can recommend the hotel first of all due to location; 200m from central railway station and close to business area, makes it easy to arrive/depart to/from Kastrup in Denmark via railway.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Tor S
Reviewed March 1, 2013

Located close to the railway station and the city center. Good breakfast buffet. In fact we confirm everything that was said in the review made by "mullanrail". Nothing else to add except that it'a a good place to stay.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple