“Nice dinner”

8:00 PM
Ranked #196 of 1,015 Restaurants in Malmo
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Årstiderna By The Sea is a fish and seafood restaurant with a waterside location, reminiscent of southern Europe. Årstiderna By The Sea?s Swedish-style interior design, and its atmosphere of a southern European marina, provide the background to a memorable culinary experience. Diners can experience the Swedish seasons in beautiful surroundings. Årstiderna by The Sea offers carefully composed à la carte dishes, with a strong bias towards fish and seafood, but also offers a weekly special, with hearty Swedish food. A great wine selection adds an extra special touch, and nearly all wines are available by the glass. A lunch buffet is served daily on the second floor, for 85 SEK. Here, the same culinary philosophy applies: quality raw ingredients, preferably locally produced, which are carefully prepared by talented chefs, who put flavour first.
Reviewed September 18, 2016

A group of 7 of us enjoyed a good dinner. We started with martinis that were carefully measured! Not NY friendly on the martini front! I shared the fried cod and a salmon burger and both were very good. The wine definitely helped. Everyone thought we had a good experience. As everything in Sweden, this was expensive.

Date of visit: September 2016

Reviewed August 24, 2016 via mobile

Went the daily lunch menu which consists of a small salad buffet that's simple but just enough. The menu consists of very very traditional Swedish seafood combinations but it's cooked elegantly making it an enjoyable enough experience. The staff are very friendly but could be more tentative to for e.g. Making sure there is cutlery for everyone on the table. But they very graciously made sure my sauce was cooked lactose free as I'm lactose intolerant which was very nice of them. Sitting outside with the dock for a view makes a great summer day even better.

Date of visit: August 2016
Reviewed August 24, 2016 via mobile

fantastic seafood with house marinated herring - one if the best ever. great service in a lovely water front setting. strongly recommended

Date of visit: August 2016
Reviewed July 12, 2016 via mobile

It is really hard to review this restaurant. The food and service was worthy of far higher. However we had called in to look at the menu, and book a table. We particularly chose a table as one of our party feels the cold and we wanted to avoid drafts. When we arrived, on time, it had been given to others despite it being half empty. We had no apology and it created a very poor start to the whole evening. The food and service did redeem some of how I felt but it needs to learn a lesson from this.

Date of visit: July 2016
Reviewed June 13, 2016

Went to the restaurant with a customer for a la carte business lunch and was sorely dissapointed.

The food took it´s time to arrive but that was not a big deal, the raw fish was however and it was made worse by the lack of any sign of regret or apologies. Instead My guest was forced to wait another 20 minute before getting a new plate on the table, once again without any explaination or apology, and due to the extended wait eat the food very quickly as the time to next meeting was running short. Meanwhile I found my own food (I had the same), also lacking proper cooking, raw on the backside but being severely embarrassed I elected not to bring the topic up for discussion.

After finishing "the meal" we went to the desk to pay but again no apologies and as I questioned why I should pay for such a sloppy service and cooking I got no reply at all. At this point the establishment failed there last chance of saving teh suituation.

Embarrassing,

No pride that day at that place. I do hope other guest will get better service in the future but if no change thisplace is on a very slippery slope.

Date of visit: June 2016