“A unique experience...”

Dining options: Breakfast
Cape Town, South Africa
“A unique experience...”
Reviewed February 17, 2012

Wonderful experience we walked on the frozen sea just off the restaurant and enjoyed our hot coffee and meal.

Malmo, Sweden
“Great view and good food (NAKED (optional) in the middle of the sea!”
Reviewed September 26, 2011

I live just a few minutes walk from that restaurang, so my family and I are frequent guests at Kallbadhuset, and we are always delighted with their meals, as well as the service.
The place is situated 200 meters from the beach on a platform on the sea.

I hope you also know what this place is famous for : Open-air baths!! and saunas with stunning views! If you want to pamper yourself Scandinavian-style you'll come out of the steaming sauna and hop straight into the Öresund.
So join us for a relaxing afternoon in the sauna and a dip in the cold sea (not compulsory but highly recommended)!

During the summer there are evening entertainments with musical artists and stand-up comedians at the restaurant.

• Visited September 2011
2 Thank swe_tourist
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Wonderful on a sunny day, in summer or winther. Don't forget your bathingtowel!”
Reviewed September 11, 2011

Have a sauna, take a bath and then enjoy the restaurant....

1 Thank Kattap
Ribersborg, Sweden
“Great location - apalling staff and service”
Reviewed February 17, 2011

I visited this beautiful old seaside cafe together with 8 friends - to enjoy their sunday brunch. Our reserved table turned out to be right at the door, which meant extreme draft due to high winds outside. When I complained and asked for a different table - the waitresses flat out refused to swap tables for me - or anything of the kind. They acted as if it wasnt their problem that my party was chilled to the bones - due to the proximity to the door. (Wind chill factor outside was approx -20 C - )
This is not the first time that I witness inexperienced or irresponsible staff at this location - and this time was one too many! We will never set our feet in this place again...

Otherwise a beautiful location - and food is passable canteen style food. Really a shame that this place seems a bit mismanaged - because due to atmosphere and location - it has the potential for something bigger.

• Visited February 2011