All reviews top floor apple tv rooftop restaurant ocean view key code king room vitamin water urban hotel minimalist feel rooms are amazing key pad poor breakfast arrived early in the morning great modern hotel magnifying mirror lovely bathroom great view of the city
Selected filters
Reviewed April 5, 2019

My daughter and I were in Malmo and stayed at Story Hotel. A perfect location - short walk from the train station, check in was quick. We stayed on the 13th floor and had a glorious view of the harbor and city! A small fridge held 3 bottles of flavored vitamin water each day- the perfect refreshment after all of our walking. Breakfast, on the rooftop was perfectly European! hard & soft boiled eggs, fresh bread & rolls, fresh fruit, jams, cheeses, deli meat, yogurt, granola, fresh juice & coffee - it was a bit windy and chilly - but wonderful to have the choice to eat outside or in. THE VIEW ! rooms were VERY quiet, decor modern, quite comfortable. We cannot wait to go back to Sweden, and would most definitely stay here again !

Room tip: not sure if there is a bad room at this hotel
Date of stay: March 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
SebastianK5566, General Manager at Story Hotel Studio Malmo, responded to this reviewResponded April 8, 2019

Dear Sue P,

Thank you sincerely for taking the time to post a review and share your impressions with us and others!
I am delighted to read that you and daughter had an enjoyable stay with us. Summer weather is approaching fast and with it the option to eat breakfast outdoors on our terrace on the 14th floor, we can't wait :)

A warm welcome back!

Reviewed March 17, 2019

The Stay was pleasant with good service
Yasmeen at the reception made things very easy and was amazing
Overall a good experience
The view of the hotel is amazing, especially the room that I stayed was excellent
I will recommend my friends and family
Special thanks to Yasmeen.

Room tip: Good Staff and service
Date of stay: January 2019
Trip type: Traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
SebastianK5566, General Manager at Story Hotel Studio Malmo, responded to this reviewResponded March 19, 2019

Dear Freedom07086902674,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us. I am delighted to hear that you had a pleasant stay with us and experienced good service. I will make sure to personally commend my colleague, Yasamin. She will be thrilled to hear your kind feed-back.

A warm welcome back!

Reviewed March 3, 2019 via mobile

The rooms are amazing, big windows with a great view a very decent and thoughtful hipster interior. It’s has an all over modern look.

The check in worked great the man was very nice, on the check out another man asked us to don’t to the self-service check our cause he is fast, so we took the offer. In the end it took a lot longer cause he decided to take a private call on his smartphone to discuss with whom so ever, where they would have some dinner tonight (my Swedish is weak but not that weak, sorry sir). it took him forever and a tons of giggles to finally come back to us.

Another weak point is the breakfast, it’s on the top floor with an amazing view. After all the offer is very small, the coffee tastes horrible, the eggs where consistently cold, and if you asked for a warm one it took them ages to refill (how about a heating lamp ?) the boiled eggs are the only “warm” thing served and the only egg option. Considering the room price the breakfast is very ridiculous.
The shining moment on the breakfast was definitely when the service missed the fact that the breed was all gone for around 20 minutes and another 30 minutes to bring some new one. We weren’t the only ones waiting and being quite pissed.

Since we travel a lot to Malmö because part of our company stays here I really hope for some approves.

Trip type: Traveled on business
SebastianK5566, General Manager at Story Hotel Studio Malmo, responded to this reviewResponded March 7, 2019

Dear 507adelev,

Thank you for taking the time to review your visit with us. I am glad to read that you found the room to be amazing, enjoyed the view and interior.

I am however sorry to hear about your check-out and breakfast experience. In regards to the check-out I believe there might have been a misunderstanding as we do use a smartphone as official telephone for the front desk with a switch function. It was however unfortunate that my colleague received a telephone call at the time he was servicing you and should have asked the caller to hold for a moment.

I have taken note of your experiences during breakfast and will raise these concerns with our restaurant manager.

My sincere apologies and I do hope you will give us another opportunity to prove ourselves.

Reviewed February 26, 2019 via mobile

Fantastic view from our 12th floor room overlooking the city. We had a small double but perfectly fine. Very clean and comfortable and lovely bathroom and toiletries. Tea / coffee in room would have been nice but water provided in fridge daily. Breakfast was basic but adequate and all staff were very friendly and accomodating.

Trip type: Traveled as a couple
SebastianK5566, General Manager at Story Hotel Studio Malmo, responded to this reviewResponded March 1, 2019

Dear Harris1268,

Thank you choosing to stay with us during your city break in Malmoe. I am very glad to take part of you review and to know that you have had an enjoyable stay with us.

Hope to welcome you back this spring (our terrace will be formally open in april :))

Reviewed February 15, 2019 via mobile

First of all this hotel and the staff is very beautiful. The room was perfect, very clean and fresh. We had The Rain Drop room which have the sea view and special shower glazed in the room. The bed was very comfort so we didn't want to leave them at the morning. The Tv with Apple tv connection to your phone was very easy to use. The breakfast is on the top floor 14th. with very beautiful view to start your day with. Fresh and ECO food, juice, coffee and fruit. This hotel give you feel like everything is made only for you.
We will absolutely come to this hotel once more.

Trip type: Traveled as a couple
SebastianK5566, General Manager at Story Hotel Studio Malmo, responded to this reviewResponded February 18, 2019

Dear Selwan8,

Many thanks for sharing you impressions of your stay with us. I am delighted to take part of your feed-back and to know that you felt that we provided a perfect stay. It is exactly what we strive to achieve tirelessly on a daily basis. Your feed-back will act as added fuel for us on this journey :)

A warm welcome back to us!