“A Meal in the Square”

Ranked #6 of 900 Restaurants in Malmo
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Gamla Staden
Reviewed August 24, 2014

We were looking for a place to eat in Malmo and Mello Yello was hopping, despite this they were able to take us without reservations and only a short wait. The weather was ideal and we sat under an awning. The people watching was amazing. I ordered nachos as a starter since we were very hungry. As it turned out the main was quite sufficient. In addition the nachos were not up to par with what we expect. The mains were very good. The service was a bit slow (too little staff for the number of customers) but not annoyingly so.

Reviewed August 19, 2014

Right on Lilla Torg, a nice bar and restaurant for all ages. Good cocktails, a nice beer, a good spot to come together for a meal or a night out.

Reviewed August 2, 2014 via mobile

In our visit to Malmö , we had lunch at this restaurant, the food was delicious, I had the honey baked salmon, my wife had the mello bouillabaisse , our kids had the ribs and the king size grill, and as starters we had goat cheese toast and garlic bread, this place was very good, the service was good and little bit slow but good, they have live music, this is a place I will recommend.

Reviewed May 17, 2014 via mobile

Beautiful setting in the square but the food was terrible. We ordered the fish and chips for lunch and got what looked like deep fried kids shoe along with exactly 16 chips. Really tasteless.

Reviewed April 29, 2014 via mobile

We visited mello yello on 29th of April as it was my birthday after viewing previous reviews and remark that they serve reindeer. For starter we had carpaccio (thinly sliced beef with sort of roasted beans and salad) followed by elk meatballs (they don't have reindeer steak anymore) for me and chilli beef chunk steak for my friend. All dishes freshly prepared and full of flavours. Must visit when visiting malmö!!!

1  Thank Quiniis R