“A regular”
Review of Wasabi

Wasabi
Reserve with
Wasabi is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #28 of 226 Restaurants in Lund
Cuisines: Japanese
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Takeout
Reviewed March 11, 2014

I live in Lund and this is one of my favorite restaurants! Food is always good and service is friendly.

Reviewed December 8, 2013

First of all, we made a reservation for a group, but found that we had to sit at separate tables. When we put them together the waiter said to one of the Swedish-speaking guys 'Jag gillar inte alls det här" (I don't like this at all). He remained to be somewhat grumpy the rest of the evening. By no means rude, but completely forgetting that we did not come there to just eat, but most of all to have a good time and catch up with friends. Show us some love, please.

We were happily surprised to find that miso soup was included with the food as a condiment, but somewhat disappointed when we found out that the same waiter quickly came to take away our bowls when we had taken one serving, and he removed to pot of soup behind us as well. Probably smart business thinking, but not very friendly. The soup tasted good.

Instead of ordering sushi (my mistake) I thought I'd try something else for once, and went for Yakisoba Niku. It tasted like something I myself could have made. The meat tasted very dry and was probably shoarma-strips from the supermarket. Come to think of it, the noodles were probably just egg noodles that you can buy there as well. Otherwise it just tasted like soy sauce, not very special. I was not full after this small bowl, and that for 150 SEK (or more, dont remember exactly). The sushi my friends ordered looked better though, but they were not full either, even though we spent quite a normal dinner-price on food. Next time we'll certainly go to a restaurant were the price-quality (and quantity) rate is better.

3  Thank Hans J
Reviewed November 16, 2013

We just left this restaurant and are bitterly disappointed for a place that used to be good. We ordered the Kamo Piman main course, which tasted much more like a thai-style stir fry in flavour, plus definitely wasn't duck as it was supposed to be. The meet tasted like it was beef, but who knows considering. It was dry and tough meet and couldn't be further from the delicious fatty taste of duck meet which we were expecting. There was a small seaweed/carrot salad on the side which I suppose was meant to be a "Japanese touch" but really left the dish a strange and disappointing combination.
We also ordered sushimi without tuna. When the waiter came out with a plate of only tuna sushimi we were suprised although to her credit she quickly realised her mistake and took it away without us having to remind her that it was wrong. The replacement that came back was ok although we were not happy to see tiger prawns on a plate of sushimi (should only be fish in our mind and tiger prawns are a disappointing and hugely unsustainable choice regardless).
Service itself wasn't bad although a little impersonal. Not a pleasant experience - would recommend other places in Lund for sushi instead (Rå Epok especially). Won't be returning to Wasabi.

2  Thank Paul C
Reviewed October 6, 2013

Very little to add to the title. We eat sashimi often in the south Pacific; this is the best we have found so far on this side of the world.

1  Thank BobLackNZ
Reviewed July 20, 2013

I live in the center of Lund and I love Japanese food. I have been to Japan enough times to be able to have a reference for good Sushi. Until Wasabi opened in Saluhallen there were really no good choices. I have talked to the excellent staff a number of times and it is clear that they have more time to prepare in Saluhallen then at their restaurant. The result is very good; especially if you go for the 13 or more pieces sushi sample. You let them know what you like and they will prepare the sushi accordingly. They have a very nice marinated salmon that I highly recommend. Unfortunately they can't get sweet shrimp anymore, it was great when they had it (and was the first time I have seen it in Sweden). Their miso soup is also excellent.

An improvement they could make is to introduce a loyalty card so that I could get every 10th meal for free; would save me some money :-).The only minor drawback is that they close when Saluhallen closes; so no late night snacks are possible.

I have only tried the sushi at Saluhallen; not any other dishes. For their standard restaurant I agree with most reviewers, sushi is OK but you should go for their hot dishes instead.

1  Thank Henric I