“Why would you ever come here??”
Review of O'Learys Lund

O'Learys Lund
Reserve with
O'Learys Lund is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #72 of 217 Restaurants in Lund
kobe, japan
“Why would you ever come here??”
Reviewed May 11, 2013

I've had the misfortune to visit O'Learys in a couple of Swedish towns, and I have learnt my lesson. Unless there is absolutely no other choice, or unless there is some particular sports event on that no other bar is showing, there is no need to come here.

The food is extremely average, and yet extremely expensive. For the price you pay here for a burger could actually go to one of Lund's better restaurants.I don't really understand why people continue to come here . .

• Visited April 2013

Malmo, Sweden
“Expensive food, inflexible staff, slow service”
Reviewed January 28, 2013

TripAdvisor doesn't seem to have taken off in Sweden yet, especially for this restaurant which currently only has 1 review. I intend to help the trend along and give readers a more accurate, closer-to-reality review of O'Learys in Lund.

On Saturday evening I was meeting some colleagues in for dinner at O'Learys before going on to play poker afterwards.
Running short of time I was forced to take the poker chips with me as well some alcohol that we had planned to drink later. When I arrived at the restaurant I was told that I couldn't bring the alcohol in. Fair enough, I offered to leave the bag with the staff. No, that wouldn't work either. I asked what I could do .. the unhelpful waiter pretty much told me it was my problem. Two of my colleagues also had the same issue: "No alcohol allowed in here". In the end we were all forced to pay a luggage storage fee at the hotel next door who were good enough to take our bags despite us not being patrons there.

Ok, the evening got off to a bad start but I can understand there are laws against having BYO alcohol in a restaurant. It wasn't like we were planning to drink it there and the staff could have been more helpful in regard to finding us a solution.
This "O'Learys experience" didn't get much better unfortunately. The waitress was slow to take our orders and the food took over an HOUR to arrive from when we ordered it.
It wasn't like we were ordering gourmet dishes either - how complicated is it to prepare 4 hamburgers in less than an hour, really?

While the taste of the food (when it finally arrived) was completely in line with what is expected from they style of resaturant the service was inexcusably slow. It was a shame, as I have eaten at O'Learys before on a busier evening with a bigger group and this time the service and waiting time were exceptional. Needless to say, the general consensus of the group was we wouldn't be eating at O'Learys in Lund again in a hurry.

• Visited January 2013
sweden
“after work excellent”
Reviewed January 7, 2013

At O'Learys in Lund on Friday afternoons they have an After Work / Happy hour activity.
All you can eat buffe with a purchase of a beer.
The food is very good. The buffalo wings almost taste like real american buffalo wings which is not common in Sweden.

• Visited January 2013