“Nice environment and food”
Review of Les Halles - CLOSED

Les Halles
Cuisines: French
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed July 9, 2014

This is a great place to celebrate a speciall evening, or to just have a nice dinner or lunch. The menu is pretty extensive and typical french. Their winelist is also good althogh they didn't have the champagne we first ordered, even though it was annonced on the menu. I Will defiently comeback back to "les halles" and I recommend you to go here to!

Reviewed January 5, 2014

Have been here four times now when visiting lund for work and always the food and service is great.
The food have always been well made and with complex and great taste

1  Thank Calle K
Reviewed September 7, 2013

I have been twice in the Restaurant, within one week.
First with a large group (buisness dinner), and I was impressed. Therefore I went one week later with my wife... and she was as impressed as me.

French style restaurant, starting with an "amuse bouche", then three courses.
And enough time in between... this is not a restaurant to go when you are in a hurry.

The quality of the food, the service and the wine, everything very good.
Not cheap, but for Sweden and considering the quality 100% ok.

I had once fish, and the second time meat, both very good. The creme brulee was outstanding, matching the best creme brulee that I had before. Did not try the cheese, maybe another time.

Great surprise, nobody in the restaurant is French - depite the true French style.
I will go again!

Reviewed August 18, 2013

Les Halles is a perfect mix of laidback casualty and genuine love for food and wine. Having dined here for lunch and dinner more than 30 times over the last year I have a hard time recognizing my self in the former review. I have never gotten bad raw materials on my plate.
I think the average meal at this restaurant is very good with a absolute low at getting something average for lunch every now and then. But if you look at the ever changing diner menu you get something new almost every day and the once a month food and wine tastings are one of the best values around, which I can strongly recommend.
On a sidebar looking to some of the comments on the size of the portions I can only say as an American living in Sweden I was first surprised by the more often than not small portions in Swedish restaurants in general, but luckily you can always get a second helping (at least during the lunch menus).

Reviewed July 7, 2013

I've heard lots of good things about this restaurant and was very excited about dining here. The restaurant has a chic interior and a good atmosphere, makes a good first impression and the menu is quite small (witch I usually think is a good thing).
However the dinner was disappointing to say the least. The main course meat (lamb) was poor quality meat (poorly cooked and consisting mostly of ligaments and tendons) and and nobody in my party was particularly impressed with any of the side dishes witch was not exciting nor well prepared. In addition to this the staff was not very friendly or forthcoming when we brought this to their attention, and we were not given any sort of compensation.
At the end of the dinner we were informed that they had run out of one of the two dessert options witch left us with the lemon- and yogurt sorbet. The sorbet was very good but served in the smallest of portions. No one in my party of 5 left the restaurant happy!
Maybe we were just in bad luck that night but I would not recommend this restaurant and I won't be coming here again next time I'm in Lund.

6  Thank Sara P