The More in Lund is one of those places where the architect should have (and maybe did) win an award. Very new. Nicely laid-out. Not far from the train station and downtown with many interesting ways of walking to and fro -- through the park, through the scenic city neighborhoods and shops, etc.
On this trip, my wife came with me. Here are some of the things we liked and then I list one major and three minor things we did not like.
1. Friendly, competent staff.
2. Great breakfast!
3. Clean and modern room with built-in frig, sink, microwave, dishwasher, nice cabinet space, stove top, English-electric kettle, drip coffee machine, a basic set of dishes and cutlery.
4. Large-ish bathroom.
5. A european-style shower that actually works well.
6. Furniture: A real table suitable for dinner or work. Coffee table. Sofa (with pull-out bed). Flatscreen TV built into the wall between the living area and bed area -- this swivels so that you can turn it to face the sofa or to face the bed.
7. Quality equipment from quality brands.
8. Ready for short term (we were here for 5 nights) or long term stays, nice lounge, nice outside area for sitting, small gym, hotel bikes, laundry, hot tub, sauna, and small meeting rooms.
9. Internet built into price of room.
1. Most serious is the heat!! We were here in July. Let me explain why this is such a problem. First some background details:
1.a. Skylights The room has two skylights, one over the bed (about 2’ by 2’) and one over the living area (about 4’ by 2’). The one over the bed does not open. The one over the living room does open.
1.b. A 4 x 4 array of double or triple pane windows -- about 15” by 15” facing west. These do NOT open.
1.c. All windows and skylights have built in shades. All three sets of shades are operated by the same control so that all three open and close together.
Now the problem. There is no AC and the only source of circulating air in the room is the skylight in the living room. In the long Swedish summer, once the sun peaks at noon, it pours thru the 4 x 4 grid of non-opening windoids and both skylights. The only thing that can be done is to open the one skylight and then close all shades. (Of course, shutting the shade blocks the air from the one skylight that opens -- but this is preferable to letting the strong summer sun stream through the 4x4 grid.) If you must be in the room during that time of day you will, like your neighbors, find someway of propping your door open. That helps, very little, but it does help somewhat.
Fortunately, once the sun sets the room cools off, so the nights are not unpleasant. WE WOULD DEFINITELY THINK TWICE BEFORE COMING HERE AGAIN IN THE SUMMER!!
2. The european toilet is next to the glass enclosure of the european shower. Facing the toilet, these two are separated by one fist of space. On the right there is about 3.5 feet of empty space between the toilet and the left wall with towel bars.
3. The facet in the bathroom sink is motion activated. If you are standing near the facet it will be activated more or less randomly. Adjusting the mix of hot and cold water is challenging.
4. The light over the bathroom sink is small, fixed in position, directional, and casts shadows over your face in the mirror. Not particularly good for shaving or putting on make-up or anything else.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The More Hotel Lund is 10 minutes from Martenstorget and has 33 studios, a gym and conference rooms. The property used to be old engine sheds and was build in 1906 as a service station for locomotive. In 2012 The More Hotel Lund was finished but you will still see clear traces of the old engine sheds. In the restaurant for example, you will find two huge vaulted window were the old locomotives used to ran out. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Travelocity, Priceline, Booking.com, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Hotwire and Cancelon so you can book your The More Hotel Lund reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.