“Never again!”

Ranked #9 of 17 Hotels in Lund
Sutton, United Kingdom
“Never again!”
Reviewed September 30, 2012

I have been staying in this hotel for the past 20 odd years and has always been my preference when available but I am sorry to say that the latest visits here have left me with a feeling of a once lovely little pearl of a hotel in total neglect both in service,quality and pricing.This last stay of mine was a complete disaster on all these points.
We checked in our room and discovered that there were no bath items such as shampoo,conditioner etc.,that were always available to us in the past.When I confronted the desk about this matter,they explained that they had installed dispensers in the bathrooms instead.A dispenser that is both for body wash and shampooing is not my idea of service for a room that costs 1750 Swedish kronor per night,that's almost 300 USD!
Regarding cleanliness,we discovered a pillow case underneath our bed and stains on the bed cover.The breakfast has also been downgraded with few ans poor quality products on the table.
Their restaurant has changed hands again and it was a disappointment.
The security in the hotel is non existent since there is seldom anyone at the front desk to check who is coming or going.We walked in at 10:30 in the evening and no one saw us or noticed our entrance into the hotel!
Never again!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Gothenburg
Reviewed September 20, 2012 via mobile

Room 321. Nice but the wifi signal very weak! I asked to change room and they helped me right away. The restaurant was closed this week and they sent us to another hoter nearby for breakfast. Coffe machines at the corridors. Central place.

• Stayed September 2012
1 Thank Kouros1
Reviewed September 16, 2012 via mobile

Friendly staff & very clean, comfortable, & spacious rooms. The price is a little high (~1800 SEK per night) but the bathrooms are equipped with new high-tech facilities. The breakfast was good with plenty to choose from.

• Stayed September 2012
York
Reviewed September 3, 2012

Very impressed with the helpfulness of all the reception staff at this hotel they were exceptional. They switched from the Swedish language to English effortlessly and were always helpful. If the gloomy breakfast staff could be trained in the same courtesy that would be so nice, the area where breakfast is served is dark and depressing so this may be the reason. Hot water and coffee is on the bar area which was a bit awkward as it is a very narrow space and people were pushing past and some with luggage so at times not safe really. Rooms were adequate but VERY hot with no air conditioning. We were loaned a fan which helped but still had a few uncomfortable nights. The hotel is well placed for restaurants and cafes and most places that a tourist would want to see. Just down from the hotel is a small cafe Ebbas a lovely place to eat at reasonable prices. I know the hotel is 'Designer' but it looks tired and in places needs some TLC there are at lot of impractical details as well in the rooms. We moved rooms when our window blind wouldn't work and it looked as though this had been a problem for quite some time.

Room Tip: Check that your windows and blinds work we had to move when ours didnt
1 Thank Emerald130944
Bristol, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 29, 2012

Good tidy hotel for a business trip or a couple. Rooms are unspectacular but have nice design features and everything is present, including fantastic shower. Buffet breakfast in the bar was generous and well cooked, with a huge selection of brunch/lunch dishes on the weekend. Practically in view of the train & bus station. Staff friendly and efficient.

Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed August 25, 2012 via mobile

I stayed here for a few nights on business. Overall I was comfortable and enjoyed my stay. The hotel is a 2-minute walk from Lund C train station. The room had a distinctly Scandinavian design feel to it. The only trouble was that when I arrived it was really hot. The rooms have no AC. I couldn't figure out how to open my window more than an inch. The front desk girl told me it didn't open wider than that because of safety concerns (people had tried to walk on a roof -- except there was no roof under my room?). She brought me a fan. Then my colleagues told me how to open my window and I swung it several feet open. Then the noise. Starting 6am: glass recycling truck followed by septic tank cleanout truck (PEW!!) followed immediately by street sweeping truck.

• Stayed August 2012
1 Thank 81FrequentT81
Brokind
Reviewed August 22, 2012

I always stay here when I am on a business trip to Lund. Friendly efficient staff. Very good location a couple of minutes walk from the main station in central Lund. Still very quiet during the night so you get a good nights sleep. Good breakfast.