“Check Inn” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #1 of 10 Lund B&B and Inns
Diemen, Noord-Holland, Netherlands
“Check Inn”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 31, 2013

We've spent a week in your nice B&B.
A nice, quiet place near the city. It took about ten minutes to walk.
We enjoyed the breakfast, there was a great variety of bread and cereales. I didn't try the herring, although perhaps I should have tasted it.
Thanks to the internet we were able to contact our relatives out there and plann our trips.
A free parking place, in front off the house, was allways available for us.
We had a very nice time.
Thanks !

Henny Straatman

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Hotell Oskar L, Owner at Check Inn Bed & Breakfast, responded to this review, November 1, 2013
Hi Henny,
Thanks for writing such a nice review and welcome back next time you are in Lund.
Milla

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Lisbon, Portugal
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 20, 2013

During our trip we stay two days at Lund and stayed at the Check Inn B&B, we were very well received and the room conditions were great, very clean and well equipped! Also, the hotel is very close to the central station of Lund. If I comeback to Lund, I would stay here again.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Hotell Oskar L, Owner at Check Inn Bed & Breakfast, responded to this review, October 22, 2013
Hi Ricardo,
Reading your review made us really happy! Thanks a lot for that :-)
Welcome back to us!
Oslo, Norway
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 14, 2013

Very nice place, clean and tidy, friendly and helpful service, good internet connection, good breakfast, useful information about room etc. Room was in basement, but still good light, quiet all nights, no noise from outside.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank RAA013
Hotell Oskar L, Manager at Check Inn Bed & Breakfast, responded to this review, October 17, 2013
Hi,
Thank you so much for this nice review! It is very valuable for us! And of course most welcome back next time you are in Lund... :-)
Perugia, Italy
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 27, 2013

I was lodged in the single room in the small isolated hut in the garden. I loved the place. The room was very clean and well equipped. The place was very peaceful. The location is very practical, as it is in walking distance behind the train station. You can easily get to the station, cross the rails and have access to the main hub for public transport.
As the Check Inn is a Bed & Breakfast, the place works slightly differently than a hotel: on arrival you collect the key yourself, by following some detailed information you receive by email in good advance. This has the advantage of being easy and very flexible. The breakfast is very nice and the owners very very friendly and helpful.
I was there for a business travel and I appreciated a lot the quietness of the place and the fact that I could step back and rest at the Check Inn B&B at the end of a heavy working day.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank aorecchini
Hotell Oskar L, Ägare at Check Inn Bed & Breakfast, responded to this review, September 28, 2013
Some reviews - like this one - gives us energy for weeks!!! :-)
Thanks a million for writing so nicely about your stay with us and most welcome back!
Milla & Klas
Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 23, 2013

We wished that we could have stayed longer at the Check-Inn B&B, located in easy walking distance for exploring Lund. The owners were friendly and welcoming; they even moved their own car so we could have a place to park. Had we known we could have taken the train from there to Copenhagen, we would have done that for the day instead of driving. Then we would have been able to indulge in the delightful breakfast with homemade rolls at Check-Inn one more time before continuing our journey up the west coast of Sweden.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Linda C
Hotell Oskar L, Owner at Check Inn Bed & Breakfast, responded to this review, October 5, 2013
Hi Linda,
We are very happy that you enjoyed your stay with us. We are further very happy that your positive review brought CheckInn to the top position for all B&Bs in Lund... :-)
Kind regards,
Klas
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 22, 2013

I was only expecting a simple room with bread and cereal for breakfast but it was so much better than what I had expected! The room was beautifully furnished with towels and linens provided (this is an improvement over the other accommodations I was at) and bottles of water and chocolate were provided. The breakfast was good, there was a good selection of drinks (an assortment of tea, coffee, juices, chocolate drink) and they prepared eggs, bread, cereal and biscuits. The staff was very friendly and they allowed us to store our luggage there. It was the first accommodation that I stayed that did self check-in and I was worried initially if I would be able to find my room. These worries turned out to be unfounded and the staff would email me to provide me with all the information. Loved the stay there and wished I had stayed on in lund longer! On a side note, the people in lund are very friendly as well, I met an elderly florist and he just whipped out a bag of apples that he grew in his own backyard and offered them to me. Also, if you are in lund, please drop by Rinnebäcksravinen, it is beautiful and close to lund.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank YiHui23
Hi,
Thanks for this very nice review. We are glad that you also found the self-service check in convenient! Most welcome back next time you are in Lund.
Klas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 16, 2013

I stayed at the Check-Inn B&B for 10 nights during a recent visit to Lund. It was very comfortable. I enjoyed the nice breakfast and especially the option to make myself a evening snack in the kitchen and store some small food items in the refrigerator. The rooms are simply furnished and clean. Much cozier than staying in a regular hotel! The couple who run the B&B, their son, and the girls who put out the breakfast were all very helpful and friendly. They made me feel welcome and provided directions to restaurants and to help me find my way around town. Highly recommended! I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Hotell Oskar L, Owner at Check Inn Bed & Breakfast, responded to this review, September 21, 2013
Hi Anne,
It was a pleasure having you as our guest for such a long stay! Thanks for the great review and most welcome back when you are in Lund next time. (It was actually quite interesting because the automatic translation of your review to Swedish was completely wrong... There you could read about bathroom tiles being loose which you of course did not write in your original review. I went to double check and of course there were no loose tiles...) :-)