TripAdvisor
Lund
Post
Inbox
Search
See what travelers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed June 14, 2015

My daughter and I stayed recently while looking for an apartment for her. The accommodations were lovely and the owner was very helpful. I am sure my husband I will stay here when we come to visit our daughter in the future

Date of stay: May 2015
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed January 28, 2015

I was in Lund attending a workshop at the University and stayed in No. 1 Guest House for 6 nights. My room (I was traveling alone) had everything I needed - 2 twin beds, a good size desk, closet with very adequate storage, and large bathroom with tub/shower and heated tile floor which was very nice on cold mornings. Excellent high-speed wi-fi was available at no extra charge.

Location is great - it is in a beautiful, safe residential area and about a 10-15 minute walk from the train station and downtown shopping and restaurants. the University building where I was studying was only 5 minutes away!

Gareth and Karin, the hosts, were accommodating in every way. Gareth had breakfast ready by the time I came down every morning at about 7:30. Guests help them selves to granola, cheese, meats, fresh bread with butter and/or jam, coffee, orange juice, and a wide selection of fresh fruits. Great conversations at the breakfast table with visitors, many of who were engaged with the University as students like myself or guest professors.

All-in-all, it was a wonderful experience and I will definitely be staying there again on my next trip in September.

Date of stay: January 2015
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
Reviewed September 27, 2014

Stayed at No. 1 for four nights whilst working on a project at Lund university. Location, accommodation, breakfast and service all excellent. Gareth the owner is an incredibly helpful and warm host and nothing is too much trouble. University departments and Lund town centre within easy walking distance. Perfect.

Date of stay: September 2014
Trip type: Traveled solo
Reviewed August 9, 2014 via mobile

We really enjoyed our stay here in Lund. This BnB is really a tiny apartment with Bedroom, kitchenette, sitting room and a bath with a splendid large tub perfect for soaking in after a long day sightseeing. It is quiet, clean, and private; it really felt like a home away from home. Breakfast each day is traditional Swedish: good fresh bread, boiled egg, cucumber, ham, cheese, and fruit- not very varied but filling. We would definitely return if the chance arose.

Date of stay: August 2014
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank DrCindy87
Reviewed February 13, 2014

We were a team of 4 academics who travelled to Lund from the UK, to do some work at the university. We stayed at No 1 for 4 nights at the start of Feb. Clean, quiet, lovely rooms, and friendly owners. Gareth was helpful and prepared a really nice breakfast. My room was warm, the wifi connection was excellent and it was really convenient to have a desk too. Location is really good for travelling to the university (5-10min walk) and I will definitely try to stay again if I come back. Made a difference staying somewhere friendly and small, rather than in a hotel big chain.

Date of stay: February 2014