See what travelers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed September 27, 2014

Stayed at No. 1 for four nights whilst working on a project at Lund university. Location, accommodation, breakfast and service all excellent. Gareth the owner is an incredibly helpful and warm host and nothing is too much trouble. University departments and Lund town centre within easy walking distance. Perfect.

Date of stay: September 2014
Trip type: Traveled solo
Reviewed August 9, 2014 via mobile

We really enjoyed our stay here in Lund. This BnB is really a tiny apartment with Bedroom, kitchenette, sitting room and a bath with a splendid large tub perfect for soaking in after a long day sightseeing. It is quiet, clean, and private; it really felt like a home away from home. Breakfast each day is traditional Swedish: good fresh bread, boiled egg, cucumber, ham, cheese, and fruit- not very varied but filling. We would definitely return if the chance arose.

Date of stay: August 2014
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank DrCindy87
Reviewed February 13, 2014

We were a team of 4 academics who travelled to Lund from the UK, to do some work at the university. We stayed at No 1 for 4 nights at the start of Feb. Clean, quiet, lovely rooms, and friendly owners. Gareth was helpful and prepared a really nice breakfast. My room was warm, the wifi connection was excellent and it was really convenient to have a desk too. Location is really good for travelling to the university (5-10min walk) and I will definitely try to stay again if I come back. Made a difference staying somewhere friendly and small, rather than in a hotel big chain.

Date of stay: February 2014
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
Reviewed January 29, 2014

Centrally located to the university and walking distance to the downtown area. Room was big, private and very clean. Actually I had booked a room but was surprised it was a little apartment! Owners were very accommodating, pleasant and respectful. Breakfast delicious, with lots of fresh choices for everyone. You will not go hungry! I will definitely book accommodation at the Guest House No.1 again whenever I return to Lund. Thank You.

Date of stay: January 2014
Trip type: Traveled solo
1  Thank Norbert B
Reviewed September 12, 2013

I stayed at No. 1 last January while I was teaching at the University - sorry it took me so long to review!

I was there for almost a month, in the detached guest room in the space of their refinished garage. I found it the perfect place to really focus on my studies and get some rest. The room was warm, clean and comfortable, with a nice desk for work, and chair for reading. The owners have designed and built all of the spaces in a modern Scandinavian feel which is perfect for the dark winters.

The owners are wonderful people who prepare super food and make their house welcome to visitors. I was sad to read JuliaJ10's comment referring to the owners as "gossipy", my experience was exactly the opposite. The owners are friendly, intelligent, and polite. It seemed to me that they struck the perfect balance of being around for a friendly chat, but giving a guest ample space and privacy. Ignore that post...

For Swimming Pool and Fitness Center, obviously there isn't a facility at this guest house. However there is a University fitness center literally across the street. I believe people working at the University can pay for access.

Date of stay: January 2013