“No. 1 accomdation in Lund!”
Review of No 1 Guest House

No 1 Guest House
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Lund
No 1 Guest House
Ranked #4 of 10 Lund B&B and Inns
Moncton, Canada
“No. 1 accomdation in Lund!”
Reviewed January 29, 2014

Centrally located to the university and walking distance to the downtown area. Room was big, private and very clean. Actually I had booked a room but was surprised it was a little apartment! Owners were very accommodating, pleasant and respectful. Breakfast delicious, with lots of fresh choices for everyone. You will not go hungry! I will definitely book accommodation at the Guest House No.1 again whenever I return to Lund. Thank You.

Stayed January 2014, traveled solo
1 Thank Norbert B

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Shanghai
Reviewed September 12, 2013

I stayed at No. 1 last January while I was teaching at the University - sorry it took me so long to review!

I was there for almost a month, in the detached guest room in the space of their refinished garage. I found it the perfect place to really focus on my studies and get some rest. The room was warm, clean and comfortable, with a nice desk for work, and chair for reading. The owners have designed and built all of the spaces in a modern Scandinavian feel which is perfect for the dark winters.

The owners are wonderful people who prepare super food and make their house welcome to visitors. I was sad to read JuliaJ10's comment referring to the owners as "gossipy", my experience was exactly the opposite. The owners are friendly, intelligent, and polite. It seemed to me that they struck the perfect balance of being around for a friendly chat, but giving a guest ample space and privacy. Ignore that post...

For Swimming Pool and Fitness Center, obviously there isn't a facility at this guest house. However there is a University fitness center literally across the street. I believe people working at the University can pay for access.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank mikearchitect
Calgary
Reviewed August 6, 2013

We stayed for 1 night at the No 1 Guest House and greatly enjoyed it. There were six of us including two children and we were given the upstairs area with three bedrooms and a sitting room all to ourselves. We could easily walk into the downtown core, and were close to gardens and the university. Breakfast was excellent. However one thing that we really appreciated was that we forgot something and the owners were kind enough to mail it on to us. Thoroughly recommend this guest house.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Bruce J
Bielefeld, Germany
Reviewed October 24, 2012

Being a frequent visitor to Lund university I always thoroughly enjoy when I manage to get a room at the No.1. Conveniently located both for university and for going into town; modern, comfie and quiet rooms; very good breakfast; there's also space to work or to simply hang out. I's a great place for meeting other guests, and for having conversations with really interesting people. The owners picked a perfect occupation for themselves: they are genuinely interested in their guests, what brings them to Lund, to learn what they are doing; and are always there to help with questions and advice. Perfect.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Vienna, Austria
Reviewed October 18, 2012

It's a lovely mellow guest house but the owners told me a story about a department in Lund that they had heard from another guest. I actually know the department quite well and I thought it was inappropriate that they gossiped like this. I won't be sending people there in the future.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled solo
Florence, Italy
Reviewed August 5, 2012

I stayed here during a conference at the university. The room was clean and comfortable with a desk space that was very useful. The bathroom was very modern (it had a great tub - this can be a rare find when travelling). the breakfast was great - eggs, cheese, sliced meat, juice, jam.

It was about a 10 minute walk to the university and perhaps a few more minutes to downtown. The old cathedral is wonderful (you must visit the crypt and ask someone to explain the astronomical clock. I managed to catch a free organ concert. Lund is beautiful with many very old buildings and it seems very well preserved.

Room Tip: The bathroom for Room 2 is outside the room - it isn't a shared bath from what I can tell but yo...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
2 Thank knitravel
Leeds, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 10, 2012

We stayed for a week here and it was definitely a great place. A place is only as good as the people who run it, and from the day we arrived till the day we left Gareth's help was invaluable and really really appreciated. From helping us with our luggage when he saw us dragging our suitcases the day we arrived, to giving us valuable advice on where to go and how to get there, to taking the time off, to drive us to the shopping centre to buy a piece of gardening equipment and to dropping us and our heavy bags to the train station the day we left, we cannot say enough thank yous.
The rooms were extremely clean and quiet and the breakfast was great. I would definitely recommend it to anyone who is thinking of staying there, when in Lund.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple