“Great place, interesting people”
Review of No 1 Guest House

No 1 Guest House
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Lund
No 1 Guest House
Ranked #4 of 10 Lund B&B and Inns
Bielefeld, Germany
“Great place, interesting people”
Reviewed October 24, 2012

Being a frequent visitor to Lund university I always thoroughly enjoy when I manage to get a room at the No.1. Conveniently located both for university and for going into town; modern, comfie and quiet rooms; very good breakfast; there's also space to work or to simply hang out. I's a great place for meeting other guests, and for having conversations with really interesting people. The owners picked a perfect occupation for themselves: they are genuinely interested in their guests, what brings them to Lund, to learn what they are doing; and are always there to help with questions and advice. Perfect.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Vienna, Austria
Reviewed October 18, 2012

It's a lovely mellow guest house but the owners told me a story about a department in Lund that they had heard from another guest. I actually know the department quite well and I thought it was inappropriate that they gossiped like this. I won't be sending people there in the future.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled solo
Florence, Italy
Reviewed August 5, 2012

I stayed here during a conference at the university. The room was clean and comfortable with a desk space that was very useful. The bathroom was very modern (it had a great tub - this can be a rare find when travelling). the breakfast was great - eggs, cheese, sliced meat, juice, jam.

It was about a 10 minute walk to the university and perhaps a few more minutes to downtown. The old cathedral is wonderful (you must visit the crypt and ask someone to explain the astronomical clock. I managed to catch a free organ concert. Lund is beautiful with many very old buildings and it seems very well preserved.

Room Tip: The bathroom for Room 2 is outside the room - it isn't a shared bath from what I can tell but yo...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
2 Thank knitravel
Leeds, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 10, 2012

We stayed for a week here and it was definitely a great place. A place is only as good as the people who run it, and from the day we arrived till the day we left Gareth's help was invaluable and really really appreciated. From helping us with our luggage when he saw us dragging our suitcases the day we arrived, to giving us valuable advice on where to go and how to get there, to taking the time off, to drive us to the shopping centre to buy a piece of gardening equipment and to dropping us and our heavy bags to the train station the day we left, we cannot say enough thank yous.
The rooms were extremely clean and quiet and the breakfast was great. I would definitely recommend it to anyone who is thinking of staying there, when in Lund.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank kitrikr
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 8, 2012

No1 Guesthouse looks small but inside it's more like the tardis. 6 of us stayed there in May as part of a study tour. Gareth not only runs a spick and span guest house, he also is an expert on the parks and play spaces of Malmo. He and Karin really made us feel welcome and were full of good stories and advice of where to go and what to do. As someone who struggles to stay in B&B's I'd recommend No 1. Oh and breakfast and sandwiches were superb!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank Suzannah W
Lund, Sweden
Reviewed February 29, 2012

We live in Lund but often have visitors. Everyone who has stayed at Nr. 1 Guest House has been pleased with their stay there. The owners are great and so is the breakfast.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled on business
3 Thank gssmultron
Graz, Austria
Reviewed January 28, 2012

The location is blliant because it is close to the university. The room was big, very clean, I was impressed by the flat screen TV. Actually I had booked a room but was surprised it was a little appartment! Breakfast was really delicious, a big choice of cereals and fresh fruit,...! The place is run by a family and they really make sure you get everything you need - I almost felt like being at home!
I will definitely go back there whenever I will be in Lund!

• Stayed May 2011, traveled on business