TripAdvisor
Lund
Post
Inbox
Search
See what travelers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed October 18, 2012

It's a lovely mellow guest house but the owners told me a story about a department in Lund that they had heard from another guest. I actually know the department quite well and I thought it was inappropriate that they gossiped like this. I won't be sending people there in the future.

Date of stay: November 2011
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
Reviewed August 5, 2012

I stayed here during a conference at the university. The room was clean and comfortable with a desk space that was very useful. The bathroom was very modern (it had a great tub - this can be a rare find when travelling). the breakfast was great - eggs, cheese, sliced meat, juice, jam.

It was about a 10 minute walk to the university and perhaps a few more minutes to downtown. The old cathedral is wonderful (you must visit the crypt and ask someone to explain the astronomical clock. I managed to catch a free organ concert. Lund is beautiful with many very old buildings and it seems very well preserved.

Room tip: The bathroom for Room 2 is outside the room - it isn't a shared bath from what I can tell but you still have to walk across the sitting area to get to it. You might prefer to ask for a room that has a bathroom within it.
Date of stay: July 2012
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
2  Thank knitravel
Reviewed July 10, 2012

We stayed for a week here and it was definitely a great place. A place is only as good as the people who run it, and from the day we arrived till the day we left Gareth's help was invaluable and really really appreciated. From helping us with our luggage when he saw us dragging our suitcases the day we arrived, to giving us valuable advice on where to go and how to get there, to taking the time off, to drive us to the shopping centre to buy a piece of gardening equipment and to dropping us and our heavy bags to the train station the day we left, we cannot say enough thank yous.
The rooms were extremely clean and quiet and the breakfast was great. I would definitely recommend it to anyone who is thinking of staying there, when in Lund.

Date of stay: May 2012
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
2  Thank kitrikr
Reviewed June 8, 2012

No1 Guesthouse looks small but inside it's more like the tardis. 6 of us stayed there in May as part of a study tour. Gareth not only runs a spick and span guest house, he also is an expert on the parks and play spaces of Malmo. He and Karin really made us feel welcome and were full of good stories and advice of where to go and what to do. As someone who struggles to stay in B&B's I'd recommend No 1. Oh and breakfast and sandwiches were superb!

Date of stay: May 2012
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
2  Thank Suzannah W
Reviewed February 29, 2012

We live in Lund but often have visitors. Everyone who has stayed at Nr. 1 Guest House has been pleased with their stay there. The owners are great and so is the breakfast.

Date of stay: December 2011