“very cosy hotel” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #5 of 17 Hotels in Lund
Rostock, Germany
“very cosy hotel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 20, 2013

very cosy hotel, in the middle of the town but quiet like in the village, very friendly stuff, with excellent breakfirst in the Grand Hotel. We loved it so much, that we stayed there for a second night. We feelt like guests in the best friends home.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Hotell Oskar L, Owner at Hotell Oskar, responded to this review, January 18, 2014
What more can we say??? You extend your stay and you feel like guests in your best friend's home... We are of course both happy and proud to read this as this is exactly the kind of feeling we would like our guests to have.

Thanks so much for sharing your experience about us here on TripAdvisor!!

Kind regards,

Klas

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Sölvesborg
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 4, 2013

Me and my wife stayed a night in Lund to attend GrandJazz. We booked a room at HOTEL OSKAR.
WHAT A SUPER PLACE! Great value for money, WiFi, breakfast, clean and modern design. and all this in the centre of Lund.
We will be back :)

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Hello Sir,
We know who you are - and we also know how much you have travelled and how many five-star hotels you have stayed at over the years... It is therefore extra nice to get this positive review about our little "side business" Hotell Oskar.
Thanks!!!
Uppsala
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 25, 2013

As a business traveller I tend to stay in the major chains. So for Lund I decided to try something different based on the reviews here on TripAdvisor. I'm glad I did. Hotell Oskar is by far the nicest places I've stayed, very charming, cosy and individual. Sure, it's selfservice but that's really not an issue as the service level is so good anyway. A couple of days before my stay I got an e-mails with all the information I needed. Then I got a text with the code to the door. At the reception was an envelope with my name and the key to my room. I had room 104, a lovely garden room that seemed to be brand new. It had a huge window and door on to the garden that must be lovely in the summer and a big comfy bed (really comfy bed!), great showerroom and really all the things you would need. Coffe and tea could be made just inside by the reception, there was a laundry room for ironing in the same place and a very helpful folder with restaurant tips on the reception counter. And then, in the morning, the breakfast... Breakfast is served at Grand Hotel about 50 meters from Hotell Oskar. And their breakfast is amazing. Worth the stay just for the breakfast I'd say! Very tasty everything, from the fresh sourdough bread to the fresh grapefruit juice, proper scrambled eggs and crisp bacon.

A note on the rooms, I was staying on my own and had plenty of space. Maybe the double rooms are bigger but in 104 it might be cramped for two people. 104 faces the garden and has it's own enterance. This means that there is no window to open, only the door. If you like sleeping with a window open this might be an issue but I'm sure they will book you in to an upstaris room if possible.

I only wish I had reasons to come to Lund more often as I would book Hotell Oskar every time. I can very warmly recommend it.

• 5 of 5 bubbles
Hotell Oskar L, Owner at Hotell Oskar, responded to this review, October 27, 2013
Hi,
It was a true joy for us to read your review, not only due to the fact that you liked you stay with us so much, but also because you noted the small details and especially the feeling we are trying to provide - something very different from the big hotel chains. We will never be able to compete on number of stars, 24/7 reception, gyms, bars, restaurants, spas etc. Our niche is that it shall feel a bit more personal and relaxed and perhaps a bit more like at home. We are frequent travellers ourselves after decades of big luxury hotels we are now always trying to find the small and cosy places... :-)
Cheers and welcome back next time you're in Lund
Klas & Milla
Edinburgh
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 19, 2013

The Hotell Oskar is really lovely. It isn't a big shiny, chain hotel. It is a small, homely and really 'cute' little place right in the middle of Lund about 5 minutes walk from the railway station.

My room was perfect. It had free wifi, it was clean, the shower was fantastic and I slept really well.

The booking experience was really easy and a couple of days before I arrived I got an email telling me the door code and my room number. When I arrived I had a question so I emailed them and had an answer in a couple of minutes.

Breakfast at the Grand Hotel (50 metres away) was included and was fantastic. Next time I visit Lund I will definitely stay at the Hotell Oskar

• 5 of 5 bubbles
Hotell Oskar L, Owner at Hotell Oskar, responded to this review, October 22, 2013
Hi JP,
Thanks so much for this nice review. We do have our phone and mail attended 24/7 for guest request and we are glad that you noticed that... We are also very happy that you enjoyed your stay so much!
Welcome back next time you are in Lund,
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 18, 2013

Small house in a nice street very near to train station. Room wide with wooden floor, good "warm" feeling. There was nobody attending my arrive, I received a text with code to open the main door and found an envelope containg room key and a welcome letter then I met the owner in the morning to pay the fee; despite an initial surprise for that kind of "guesting" I must say that everything worked well and I'm satisfied.

Hello Fulvio,
Thanks for your review - we are really happy that you enjoyed your stay and that Hotell Oskar exceeded your expectations!
Cheers and welcome back,
Milla
KL
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 5, 2013

this was my second stay in this very cosy and modern hotel. I like the approach of the owner and the breakfast in the Grand Hotel is fantastic. The hotel is 2-3 minutes walk from train station. The rate offered was good and the common area where you can make coffee and tea is very smart. I would highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Hun S
Hotell Oskar L, Ägare at Hotell Oskar, responded to this review, October 11, 2013
Hi,

Thanks a lot for your next review and welcome back next time you're in Lund. I am going to KL next week... :-)
Cheers,
Chester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 2, 2013

This was our second stay at this hotel, our last being 2 years ago. We like the central location of the hotel, the friendly and helpful staff and owner and the trusting but simple check-in, check-out system. The first time we stayed the light oin the room wasn't working - a quick phonecall and all was sorted very quickly. On our first visit we stayed in an upstairs room which was very pleasant. This time we stayed in a garden room. Although the situation was lovely, I too found the small sink difficult and don't quite understand why there are no windows that can be opened at night. We ended up leaving the door open to let some air in which was fine. We plan to visit Lund again in the coming months and will definately be booking this hotel.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Isobel323
Hotell Oskar L, Owner at Hotell Oskar, responded to this review, October 5, 2013
Hi Isobel,
Thanks for your nice review and most welcome back again! We have had a couple of suggestions from guests regarding keeping the door a bit open during the night and we will take a look at how this can be solved technically. And I agree that the sink is small and it is a consequence of the small size of the bathroom - with a larger sink it would become difficult to move around... :-)
Cheers,