“Very disappointed”

Thurleigh Farm Centre
Ranked #1 of 3 things to do in Thurleigh
Reviewed September 22, 2013

I visited here with my husband and three children as our Son was invited to a birthday party here. Only one adult is permitted with the party so my husband went and sat in the cafe with our other two children. On hearing that the tractor ride was about to commence we all went outside to ensure that our son was ok and wave him off. We were approached by a rude member of staff who told my husband In front of the children he had no right being there as he didn't have a wristband despite telling him it was only for a few minutes before we returned to cafe. We were also approached in the party room again later where the man was again rude and shouted at my husband in front of a room of 6yr olds saying we were disgusting for not paying and letting our children play for free and we were free loaders! My children had sat in the overpriced cafe for nearly 2 hrs and we had only gone to collect our son from the party. Very disgusted and will not be visiting again. Too overpriced for what there is and staff rude. Coffee not nice either!

2  Thank Tina G

Reviewed August 30, 2013 via mobile

Had a great time kids loved it and staff were fab! We will be going back, its a shame there isnt more animals but to be honest there is loads to do there the animal shortage isnt an issue

Reviewed August 21, 2013

We had a summer day out here yesterday.
Despite previous reviewers comments, we had a great day.
It does seem slightly expensive £24 for one adult, one child and one toddler, but the activities on offer would cost far more individually somewhere else.
Inflatable obstacle course, pony rides, bungee trampolines, sandpits, and various swings and slides, plus an indoor play centre, left my children and my friends children exhausted!
We took picnics, but outside on a farm in August meant we were terrorised by wasps, so we took our picnic inside the cafe, no one cared and other people soon followed suit.
It's not particularly old or worn out, it's a well used 'farm' attraction, that was actually quite busy, and does seem quite popular locally.
They are in the process of adding new equipment like a wooden pirate ship, and already have a fort and castle.
I will be going back, as we all enjoyed ourselves.

Reviewed August 7, 2013

Too Expensive £26 for 2 young children and an adult to play on equivalent to play equipment, in a free park. Ok you can have a ride in a tractor or fire engine which the kids did enjoy but just not worth the money. Ok there are a few animals to see but terribly overpriced and only kept children entertained for a couple of hours.

2  Thank Ness D
Reviewed August 5, 2013

We had a lovely day celebrating my Grandaughter's first birthday, this is a very nice day out experience for small children, both the girls loved feeding the animals, riding the fire engine was a big hit too. A really nice simple day out, we loved thurleigh farm.