“best of Helsingborg / Skåne”
Review of Gastro

Gastro
Ranked #11 of 314 Restaurants in Helsingborg
Cuisines: European
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed July 5, 2012

I have not been there jet as a guest but I have been working there and sometimes you can get the chance to taste the delicous art of cooking. I will once go there I am sure but I would start with the G bistro. Gastro and Dahlbergs are owned by the same owner and these were the only restaurants I can strongly recommend if you want to get the experience and pure luxury. it's a taste implosion in your mouth, 9 course meal with exclusive wine, perfect for a couple that has 10th anniversary or birthday. go there for the experience - but do not be greedy to yourself you deserve this treat.

Reviewed May 31, 2012

Together with my family I had a nice evening before Christmas eating and drinking.

Reviewed May 11, 2012

So I have been wanting to go to this restaurant for ages, it is extremely expensive and we would have even got charged if we did not turn up!!!!! OK!!!!

So we get to the restaurant for my birthday, it is empty, but they decide to place us next to another couple, let the double date begin, I can't hear my partner talk over their loud talking. I look at the food and decide what to have, freshly boiled lobster nice, then it arrives on my plate ice cold, OK, I am expecting freshly boiled , so therefore it should be warm, nope i get given the same plate back with a shove from the waiting staff, like I should have known. Well I would have if they were to kindly mark it in the menu!

My main was two mouthfuls, but tasted nice, but yes I could have done with more!

I would say the only good thing here was the cocktails, other than that, for wanting to go to this restaurant for the 4 years i have lived in Sweden, now I would never want to go back, this was a lasting bad impression.

3  Thank keri s
Reviewed February 7, 2012

where you take anyone you wanna treat generously ... or impress on in Helsingborg ;) . The owner, Per Dahlberg is a talented and( friendly ) Swedish cook. I was there for their Christmas annual diner and enjoyed it even though I remembered that last year it was a bit better.
They have divided the restaurant in 2 sections and the restaurant room is now unfortunately a bit too formal. The staff was attentioned and helpful even if they lack of general basic knowledge about wine.
(They should go on a wine course to learn that when a client order a dry white wine, they're not to be served a half sweet wine ;) )
I still think that the reputation of this restaurant is a bit overrated. It is allegedly among the best tables of the entire Sweden, but I know of other places in Sweden which are less expensive, less poshy but where you will be served more tasty food. (look for Wärdshus, which are found a little bit everywhere in Sweden)

Reviewed January 15, 2012

Best restaurant in Helsingborg, and one of the best in all of Sweden. If you don't feel like spending a fortune try their Bistro menu.