“Double date without asking”
Review of Gastro

Gastro
Ranked #11 of 310 Restaurants in Helsingborg
Cuisines: European
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed May 11, 2012

So I have been wanting to go to this restaurant for ages, it is extremely expensive and we would have even got charged if we did not turn up!!!!! OK!!!!

So we get to the restaurant for my birthday, it is empty, but they decide to place us next to another couple, let the double date begin, I can't hear my partner talk over their loud talking. I look at the food and decide what to have, freshly boiled lobster nice, then it arrives on my plate ice cold, OK, I am expecting freshly boiled , so therefore it should be warm, nope i get given the same plate back with a shove from the waiting staff, like I should have known. Well I would have if they were to kindly mark it in the menu!

My main was two mouthfuls, but tasted nice, but yes I could have done with more!

I would say the only good thing here was the cocktails, other than that, for wanting to go to this restaurant for the 4 years i have lived in Sweden, now I would never want to go back, this was a lasting bad impression.

3  Thank keri s

Reviewed February 7, 2012

where you take anyone you wanna treat generously ... or impress on in Helsingborg ;) . The owner, Per Dahlberg is a talented and( friendly ) Swedish cook. I was there for their Christmas annual diner and enjoyed it even though I remembered that last year it was a bit better.
They have divided the restaurant in 2 sections and the restaurant room is now unfortunately a bit too formal. The staff was attentioned and helpful even if they lack of general basic knowledge about wine.
(They should go on a wine course to learn that when a client order a dry white wine, they're not to be served a half sweet wine ;) )
I still think that the reputation of this restaurant is a bit overrated. It is allegedly among the best tables of the entire Sweden, but I know of other places in Sweden which are less expensive, less poshy but where you will be served more tasty food. (look for Wärdshus, which are found a little bit everywhere in Sweden)

Reviewed January 15, 2012

Best restaurant in Helsingborg, and one of the best in all of Sweden. If you don't feel like spending a fortune try their Bistro menu.

Reviewed November 12, 2011

Quite a different location and style,- but experiencing their 7-9 courses "taste menue" with the accompany of their luxury wine package, it is like heaven and gives a similar feeling as beeing in Operakällaren in Stockholm...
And: the service follows the same top top level !

But, - you shall definitely have have to pay for it....,
this is not a budget restaurant !

Reviewed March 26, 2011

Food was good but not the standard you would have expected for the money. With a good reputation as this restuarant has we were very surpriced how rude and snobbish the staff was. We had six different people serving us during two hours. Very confusing because the other didnt know what we've ordered and asked severalt times. Their "manager" for the night had an attitude that we didnt appreciate. Its a shame on such nice atmosphere and food.

3  Thank IdaHelsingborg