“Expensive but excellent”

Cuisines: Scandinavian
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed October 16, 2013

We were in Helsingborg on a Monday evening, so many of the top rated restaurants were closed. As this was highly rated, we decided to give it a try. The food was excellent and the service was too notch. The mushroom soup was very uniquely served with a square of minced meat with cream fresh on top, then the hot soup was poured over it. Very rich and delicious. We also had the mussels for a starter, also very rich and delicious. We shared the veal main entree, also cooked to perfection. The total was $80.00 with no alcohol and a shared entree, a little pricey but very very delicious.

There are newer reviews for Inom Mat och Bar

Reviewed September 14, 2013

This place is right near the waterfront within a short walking distance from the Elsinore Ferry. My friend and I had gone to Elsinore for the day from Copenhagen and decided to cross over for dinner in Sweden. It was a good decision. We sat out front in the sidewalk café space. The service was very gracious. We took the tasting menu with wine pairing. All of the wines paired very well. The first course was crawfish, followed by Australian steak, and the dessert was a delicious fresh strawberry and nougat combo. My favorite touch was when the server explained that they didn't have the right wine to pair with the dessert so she offered us a prosecco followed by a limoncello. This in combination with the sea air and Scandinavian summer sun made for a memorable dinner.

Reviewed August 14, 2013

The positive reviews you read about this place came true for me. My friend and I had one of the better meals of our trip here (out of a 2.5 month long holiday).

The atmosphere is cozy and interior is modern with a touch of old school charm. We got the Norway lobster starter and cheese, and our mains were salmon and the veggie dish of the day. Everything was perfectly cooked and presented.

If you are in the area and need a nice meal then this is your place. As other's have noted the prices are higher than most but in my opinion well worth it. The service was very helpful and friendly.

We showed up on a rainy Tuesday in August and the only tables (without a wait) were in the bar. We sat in the bar and loved it. So if you are coming with a bigger group or closer to the weekend you might want to ring and make a booking prior.

Reviewed August 5, 2013

The location of this place is wonderful. There was a festival going on when we visited, which made it even better to sit outside and enjoy a meal. The food was good, about $30 American per plate, but we ordered the "warm meals" and enjoyed the atmosphere. We had a fish dish and the linguini with pesto and shrimp (see menu, below) and it was a special menu for the festival. I would say that both were good, although the portions were small. They bring you bread that is DELICIOUS, too... I'm not sure if that's always the case but it was tomato bread with garlic butter or something. Wonderful! The table next to us had a HUGE bowl of mussels and I found myself a little jealous even though mussels are usually not my favorite. They looked delicious, though! See menu, below, although it's only in Swedish.

Bottom line: there are cheaper places in Helsingborg, but if you want to eat Scandinavian food right on the water and convenient to Knutpunktun, this is a good choice.

Reviewed July 29, 2013

Came here for my birthday dinner with my family and we had a nice evening. Really good mussels and wine. The restaurant serves nice lunches and dinners, and is listed in The White Guide. I have a preference for Bonasera Bonasera and Bara Vara, which have a more stylish and "fun" atmosphere, but this is a solid option.