“A hotel with the old charm”

Clarion Grand Hotel
Ranked #5 of 20 Hotels in Helsingborg
Reviewed June 21, 2012

This is how a hotel should feel like, with the old charm left. Very nice and friendly staff, not stiff but actually fun to chat with. Lobby with old wood paneling and grand staircase. Artifacts and pieces of art to look at.

My room was a single and not big, but had everything I needed. Comfortable bed, huge desk, closet, iron and large iron board, free wi-fi, ceiling fan proof of lack of A/C but the window was openable, Sony dock for my iPhone. Clean room and bathroom. Would have liked a bathroom mat, now had to use a towel for that. Quiet!

Breakfast was plentiful with everything I needed, except low cal natural yoghurt. Lots of food stuffs were organic. Make you own fresh OJ

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
Cecilia R, Manager at Clarion Grand Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 7, 2012

Thank you for your kind words about your stay with us. Welcome back to us!

Inhouse Sale Manager

There are newer reviews for Clarion Grand Hotel

Reviewed June 19, 2012

In an old building in central Helsingborg you find this hotel. The staff is very helpful and when I asked for a quiet room, I actually got that. It was a single room, so it was on the small side, but clean and comfortable. Appreciated the iPhone/iPod player!

Room Tip: The higher up, the better.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business

Thank you for your kind words about the hotel.
Welcome back to us!

Reviewed June 13, 2012

Staff in the reception is polite and available. Rooms are clean, quite big and well decorated. The breakfast is ok (nothing special, I would have appreciated some cakes). Free wireless. The location is perfect, in the center and really close to the central station.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business

Nice to hear that you had a nice stay with us.
Welcome back to us!

Reviewed March 29, 2012

This hotell is not equipped with AC which probably will give some hot nights in summer-time.
Value for money is not optimal, but the hotell is situated in the center and the crew is very service-minded.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed February 8, 2012

I must wonder again, how we Scandinavians (incl. Finns) are so good to make great properties to boring and average hotels. The location of the hotel is very good. The infrastructure like building and architechture outside and inside traditional. My small single room was quite ok, but there was not enough room for my clothes. The service was quite relaxed and good. The breakfast was perhaps the most tasteless I have ever eaten, the dinner from the roomservice one of dullest ones. Or am I just too spoiled when I expect some air and flair, or personality in hotels?

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled on business

Thank you for taking your time to give us feedback regarding your stay.
What I understand you are a very frequent traveller and it would be a pleasure to hear more from you how we can be better as an hotel.

Please contact me,
cecilia.rosqvist@choice.se

Reviewed February 2, 2012

I stayed in this hotel during a conference in Helsingborg. I chose it because it was included in a "special offer" from the conference and the reviews in TripAdvisor were OK.

The location of the hotel is the best value, as it is placed within a walking distance of all the attractions and main shopping areas, as well as the station. The reception is large and the people there are quite friendly.

However, when I got into the room, I was completely disappointed. The size of the whole room was 2.5*3 meters, including a table, two chairs and a mini bed (90 cm). I could not place my luggage on the floor because there was no physical space to do that. Moreover, the wardrobe was 25 cm wide with one shelf on the top. Therefore, I had to put my suitcase in the small place between the bed and the wall.

The bathroom was not so bad as it has been renewed. However, there were no amenities such as a comb or a shower cup. You had to go to reception to ask for one. I was also lucky because I had a window which helped in not finding trapped in the room.

The heating of the room was so low that I asked for another blanket. The light was also very low so you have to switch on all the lamps that were there. The only positive surprise was the WiFi network, which worked very well during the whole stay.

I travel quite a lot and I think the room can be compared to a 2-star pension or even a hostel. Moreover, I was charged by the "special price" more than the normal price on weekends. Therefore, I just complained at the reception and they upgraded me to a really 4-star hotel bedroom with the standarized sizes for everything. In this case, I have to thank the people at reception, who were very keen.

Food was the only remarkable issue of the hotel. I had dinner at the Lounge and the quality and quantity of the dishes was good. Breakfast was very complete and there were even fresh oranges to make your own juice. Although there were normally quite a lot of people, the staff was very diligent and there was always everything ready.

As a conclusion, I would say that if you reserve a single room, be careful and do not pay more than 50 to 55 euro for that, as you will get this hostel room. I think the hotel should take care about this and how it handles "special prices" to groups. For the same price, I will not choose this hotel again.

Reviewed January 25, 2012

I have stayed in this hotel in january wile in Helsingborg for a conference. I really do not understand how the hotel could have win a traveller's choice Award. The staff is polite but the room, 233, was a big disappoitment. Very small with a single bed and a bathroom so tiny You could not imagine. There was no space to even open the luggage. Poor amenities in the bathroom and a breakfast fine but with no interaction at all with the staff. Sorry but i do not agree with the other reviewers and, being an hotel manager myself, i hope that,s the only room so tiny they may have. Finally the pictures on the website do not refilerà exactly the hotel situation.