“Nice hotel... needs some TLC”

Comfort Hotel Nouveau
Ranked #6 of 20 Hotels in Helsingborg
Lisburn, United Kingdom
“Nice hotel... needs some TLC”
Reviewed June 30, 2010

We stayed here on our way to Stockholm. The hotel was nice, the service very good. There was a issue about secruity of parking in the covered car park. We left our car in the car park opposite. The rooms were clean... we asked for a double bed and were given a small suite... very nice. Breakfast was excellent and substantial. Helsingborg looked like it is suffering from the impact of the bridge in th south. Starting to show signs of fading glory... pity really.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
  • Arabic first
  • Finnish first
Göteborg
Reviewed November 16, 2009

Staff was welcoming and helpful, the rooms were spacious but the hotel left a worn, tired feeling. The common areas such as restaurant, lobby, elevators and corridors would need a re-paint/repair job to freshen up the atmosphere. The same applies for the rooms where my washbasin had a large crack.

Stayed September 2009, traveled on business
Tilburg, The Netherlands
Reviewed August 27, 2008

First I booked B&B in Copenhagen, but then the host cancelled the booking 2 days before the trip, so I had to rush and look for something different. As hotels in Copenhagen are quite expensive, I decided to search in Helsingborg (I had visited that city 2 times before).
Booked this hotel via Booking. com, with reduced price (as there were only 4 rooms left for the day I required).
I can say that the hotel met my expectations. Breakfast was great, the room was clean, everything was OK with the bathroom and shower. I know that some peopeel complain about small pool in the hotel. After all, a pool is just a free-of-charge "extra", and not everyone uses it, so for me it was not a point to consider. The key things , i.e. balance between service/quality and price, were very good.
I selected this hotel because it is close to the ferries to Denmark and also because there was a cheap car-parking nearby (the hotel coupon for parking was appr. 7 EUR/day).
Besides, there is a PC with free of charge internet connection in the lobby (this very "extra" is what I have really appreciated!).
So, I strongly recommend this hotel to everyone.

• Stayed August 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
Spanish Fork, Utah
Reviewed January 22, 2006

I booked this hotel as a reward night with Choice hotels. Weeks before I got there they emailed me to tell me what was going on at the hotel. They hold a Traditional Swedish Dinner every year and so I booked it. It was so wonderful. Of all the many places I've been in the world this was truly a wonderful experience. The staff was so great and the room for 3 was the nicest I've stayed in. A plasma TV, mini fridge and iron was just what we wanted. The beds were good. The service the best and the food was WONDERFUL. Breakfast was very good. Don't miss the fresh berries! I can't say enough great things about this hotel. Next time I would take a cab from the train station. It was a long walk at night with baggage.

• Stayed December 2005