“Tasty authentic thaifood!”

Cuisines: Asian, Thai
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed January 14, 2012

Food is absolutely great! Coke in glassbottles gives an extra thumb up! Good prices and authentic feeling in the restaurant. Staff a bit moody. Perhaps they would be happier if they were in the land of smiles! I know I would! :)

Reviewed December 23, 2011

After moving from the US to Helsingborg, we wanted to sample all of the Thai restaurants in the center of town. This was the second we (me, husband, four year-old son) tried and we will definitely go back!

The basement restaurant was comfortable and cozy, with many things on the walls for kids who need something to look at. The service was extremely friendly and quick and there were menus in English. There were even two pages of items on the "kids" menu, and our son's food was served on pretty glass plate shaped like a fish. They also had a glass of milk for him, which we don't typically find in Thai restaurants anywhere in our travels.

Delicious satay, green curry with chicken, and pad siew! And the prices were very reasonable for the quantity and quality of food. I think the only question we have is when we will make time to go back again.

Reviewed July 29, 2011

I visit this place as often as I get the chance.
I have been to Thailand 9 times and I love thai food and I can say that this is the only restaurant in town where you can get genuine thai food.

Very good taste and cheap for Sweden. Decor is very simple and the service is simple but friendly.

1  Thank Ricki1975
Reviewed July 25, 2011

I can't say anything about the food at this restaurant as we ended up walking out due to bad service.

1  Thank pipkinera
Reviewed June 1, 2011

We were passing by Helsingborg to catch the ferry to Denmark. Spent one day there and was fortunate enough to visit Phuun Thai. Amazing thai food and very very authentic taste, Lovely!

By the way, what is up with Thai food and Sweden? Right before we went to this restaurant we were in Ängelholm on our roadtrip - a town about 25 minutes away from Helsingborg. There we found another delicious Thai restaurant called Gold Dragon. These thai places are just hidden everywhere all over Sweden. In my humble opinion they are much better than some a great deal of the so-called Thai restaurants in London and Germany! If I have to compare the two (Phuun and Gold Dragon) I think the latter is better and more reasonably priced given that it is located in a smaller town. But I would strongly recommend both to anyone tired of bland food!