“excellent restaurant, unless you are veggie”

Klitterhus Restaurang o. Bar AB
Ranked #17 of 63 Restaurants in Angelholm
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Grantham, United Kingdom
“excellent restaurant, unless you are veggie”
Reviewed September 30, 2009

I went to Sweden on business for the 1st time to be assessed by my new employer. I spent the day being grilled by everybody in the company, and at lunch I was taken out by the CEO and two senior executives. Everybody was scared of the CEO (he's actuallly quite famous in certain business circles).
The one thing I had not been interrogated about was my dietary choice. I am a veggie (not common in sweden apparently).
Well, this restuarant serves food made from high quality ingredients, but at lunch there was not a huge choice - two dishes (no veggie option). I dont know whether it was a macho business thing going on here but one choice was North Sea Cod (the restaurant is right on the coast - its beautiful), an endangered species at the time due to over fishing, and the other choice was veal!
Normally, I stand my ground over the veggie thing but in this circumstance I asked what was recommended, Cod they said. I didnt eat any of it, just the veg, but at the time I was being asked loads of questions by the guys I was with, and not given the chance to eat anyway, so managed to finish my meal with my principles intact (more or less).
Having said that, it did look excellent, the setting was brilliant, and of course I found the name of the place a real hoot too (although I kept that one to myself).
I'd probably go again if I wasnt veggie.