“Friendly and with excellent food” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Restaurant La Palourdiere

Restaurant La Palourdiere
Ranked #21 of 31 Restaurants in Bouzigues
Good for: Business meetings, Families with children, Kids, Special occasions, Bar scene, Large groups, Local cuisine, Scenic view
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Bonjour le restaurant fait peau neuve reprise des choses qui vous decevezamelioration du service poissons frais
Laurens, France
“Friendly and with excellent food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 18, 2014

We went there on a weekday lunch time, on a whim, just in passing so had no preconceptions. All four of us were very impressed with the gorgeous view, and the large shaded terrace. The food came quickly and was delicious. All the servers were attentive and smiley. Can't wait to go there again.

• Visited July 2014

Manchester, United Kingdom
“Don't understand poor reviews”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 15, 2013

Before going here I read the reviews on this site-some of which are not good. If you want a meal of outstanding quality in what may be described as a secluded Caribbean-themed-French restaurant with gob-smacking views-then this is the place for you.

Visited September 2013
1 Thank geoff m
France
“Superb view but........................”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 6, 2013

this restaurant really isn't that good. The quality of the food does not match the price. Service is very slow; it took 40 minutes for our order to be taken! If you want a view, this is a good place but be prepared to pay for it. Would we go back, definitely not, there are other, much better, restaurants in Bouzigues.

• Visited June 2013
Colombo, Sri Lanka
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“UNPRETENTIOUS - A MUST”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 29, 2013

I recently enjoyed another fabulous afternoon at Restaurant La Palourdiere and feel compelled to submit my very first Trip Advisor review. This friendly restaurant has even inspired my own menu offering (I operate a small hotel in Sri Lanka), the least I can do is say thanks very much and unhesitatingly tick all the boxes.

Luckily on warm sunny days, with good friends from Montpellier I’ve twice lunched alfresco at La Palourdiere, both friends incidentally are complete 'foodies'. On each occasion we feasted throughout the afternoon until virtually unfit to leave our table! Waitresses, waiters and the owner too made us feel welcome - from our aperitif to the reasonably priced bill, nothing fazed them at all.

Great food... I’m English so what do I know? Suffice to say I’ve now tasted the freshest oysters - dozens of them, and savoured the most perfectly tender duck I can remember eating. My friends’ lunches didn’t look half bad either, nor did the spectacular setting overlooking the vast oyster beds at Bouzigues. As usual we were the last to leave but in no way were we hurried. My regret, other than finally leaving the table, is that we wasted time trying other restaurants, I’d have been happy to return here time and again.

Many happy faces filled busy tables at La Palourdiere that day and this was mid-week. I was particularly impressed by this; after all in a recession we tend only to spend our money if assured of good value and a good time. At this buzzing restaurant one experiences both. No frills, French hospitality at its best, coupled with an outstanding meal confirmed my friends’ good choice of this restaurant. Already one of their favourites it is now one of mine.

Thanks La Palourdiere for refreshingly genuine, unpretentious, good old-fashioned hospitality plus another memorable afternoon. Thanks too for the inspiration, now I know what to do with those Tiger Prawns and can charge almost as much for them as you do - only kidding!

Back next year, have a great season...

• Visited May 2013
1 Thank Nick B
Carmarthen, United Kingdom
“top class food and servic”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 7, 2013

the drive down the track looks like there isnt a restaurant here ,but stick with it . i never fail to be impressed by this restaurant ,magnificent views and atmoshpere , the service always warm friendly and inclusive. fish often sold by weight. varietys of fish you dont see in other restaurants. good ! good! good!

• Visited May 2013