Clarion Collection Hotel Grand
$156
$149
ScandicHotels.com
  • Restaurant
All reviewsevening mealincluded in the pricenice hotelcity centredesk staffincluded dinnerglass door to the bathroomrestaurant staffnice stayconvenient locationrailway stationbusiness triplong driveother hotelsparking lottop floorbreakfast buffet
FilterAll languages
Reviewed August 11, 2012

The staff are extraordinarily friendly and helpful. The place is modern and very clean and the food is all that is required.

I will use them again and would recommend if you are staying in Sundsvall that you book this hotel.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed July 31, 2012

We visited the hotel second week of July. 2 adults and 2 children.

The woman who cheked us in were friendly and helpful, the room were spacious, nice and clean.

The room price includes both breakfast and evening meal. This nigh it was a good lasagne.

It is easy to drive all the way to the hotel, and it was a lot of parking spaces around the hotel.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed July 2, 2012

The Clarion Grand Hotel is located in the heart of the historic Sundsvall City center. On street parking was pretty straight forward but check with the desk clerk on the time when you should obtain a parking pass (after 9AM) from an automated terminal (one clsoe to the hotel). The desk staff were extremely helpful and friendly and the big surprise on our stay was the complimentary breakfast AND dinner. The breakfast offered a good slection and the dinner was a bonus to save a few dollars. The dinner didn't offer a huge selection but based ont he quality we were more than happy to save some Krona! The room was spotless but the batroom has a swinging glass "door" for the shower area that didn't stop the floor around the shower area from becoming covered with water. The rooms were more spacious than I would have expected and provided space for bags and suitcases. I would highly recommend the Clarion to anyone for the great overall experience it offers.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 15, 2010

I had a stopover here with my friend in June 2010.

The service from the reception personell was very good, the room was very good, the breakfast was very good, the beds were very good, the location was very good - almost everything was very good.

I have three "negative" things to mention:

- There was a glass door to the bathroom. I don't understand why, but a lot of hotels have glass doors to the bathroom. I don't want to have a glass door in front of me when I'm sitting on the toilet.

- When I showered, all of the bathroom floor got flooded.

- We got a room located right over a fitness center. There was extremely high and noisy music from downunder (the floor was actually "shaking"). This was no problem for me and my friend, because we were out in the town until late night, but if you are travelling there with kids - ask to get a quiet room far away from the fitness center.

If it wasn't for those three "negative" things, I would give the hotel best rating on all fields.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled with friends
Reviewed January 27, 2010

Spent 4 nights in deepest January in Sundsvall on business. Once again the place was a delight. Friendly staff, spotless room, truly excellent breakfast. Reception even pointed out that the water from the tap is drinkable as 'Sundsvall has the best water in the country'. Save me a few Krona the rest of the week buying expensive bottled water - good on them!

I managed to get into room 119 which for those wishing a bit more space is definitely one of those to go for here.

Can't recommend this place enough...a good place to come back to and crash after a long day. Also...not far from railway station (good for that early return trip to Arlanda C) and in close proximity to bars, the Bishop's Arms (go figure) and the Tandoori Restaurant - weird place but does an excellent Balti.

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled on business