Tripadvisor
Umea

“Rude staff, dirty, sub-par food”
Review of Tva Fiskare

Tva Fiskare
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I visited that place based on the reviews here, but had very bad experience. It's a small dingy and smelly place. The young dark-haired woman at the counter didn't even respond to my greeting in English. She did not tell me that anything was included with my fish dinner - I had to ask, and then she said yes coffee is included. I had to ask about water separately (turns out also included). Not sure if that's a strategy to not inform those who are clearly first time visitors that some things are included? I had to ask then if I go and sit somewhere or wait at the counter. Still, she did not tell me that there were also seats outside the small smelly shop, at the Vaven side. Perhaps because it's longer for her to walk when she brings the dinner. All free tables were covered with a layer of old crumbs. No napkins anywhere. I had to wipe the table with a dirty towel that was thrown in the middle of the dry breads. By the end of my meal, she had brought out a new box of napkins. Terrible food quality, over-salted, dry, severely overheated. Small portion, no salad, fast food quality. I waited for my coffee - then by the end of my meal I noticed a coffee machine somewhere in the corner, and realized that I should serve myself. Of course, she had not told me about that. Very miserable place. Don't get bamboozled into going there - you are better off giving your $20 to the guy playing harmonica outside the shopping center next door.

Date of visit: January 2020
1  Thank travelernich
Write a reviewReviews (93)

Reviewed November 8, 2019

I had a warming fish soup made of a rich, creamy fish broth filled with delicious fish and shrimps. I couldn't have asked for a better fish soup.

However, the salad bar was lacking in the sense that it was non-existent. At equivalent restaurants I would expect at least some salad, considering what you pay for. There were some good crisp breads, but ideally you would want soft bread for dipping in the soup.

Date of visit: October 2019
Reviewed March 21, 2019 via mobile

Staff very welcoming and friendly, amazing fresh fish, free salad, bread (super tasty), coffee/tea. Totally recommended. I could make an extra stop in this city just to eat there.

Date of visit: March 2019
Reviewed November 6, 2018

I really recommend the fish restaurant "Two Fishermen" on Storgatan 44, 903 26 Umeå, which serves heavenly good fish dishes. I ate a cumin spiced haddock there once, that was absolutely perfect. It melted in my mouth. The restaurant is located in the same entrance hall as the indoor piazza at Gotthard´s Krog, located at the Väven Cultural Center. The restaurant is small with small tables, so you have to be in good time if you want to eat a lunch, as there are usually a lot of people.

Date of visit: October 2018
Reviewed August 17, 2018

This is one of Umeås jewels. The food in the restaurant is excellent and you can't find better or fresher fish in town, all at a good price. Great ambience and friendly helpful service.

Date of visit: August 2018