“Nice people”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed April 8, 2013

I was really pleased with this place, nice atmosphere, nice people, good beer. What else you could ask for.

Definitely worth to visit

Reviewed February 21, 2013

I chose the risotto with veal, my friend wanted something vegetarian but all they had was pizza. So he chose the risotto with beans instead of meat. When the food finally arrived they had made to vegetarian dishes. Eventually they got it right. The food was tasteless, the portions was okay but not big. The restaurant seems to have ambition, at least considering the prices, but the dishes we got was no culinary experience.

1  Thank Pete D
Reviewed December 4, 2012

I must admit, I was hesitant about eating Italian in northern Sweden. But I decided to give it a try and I was pleasantly surprised!

Ordered a duck dish with risotto. The duck breast had a layer of smoked bacon laid across the top before baking/broiling. What a delicious option. The risotto was properly cooked, which meant there was a tiny bit of crunch in the center of the grain, but the overall dish had a creamy texture. I was impressed.

I loved the breads, the wine selection was decent, and the service was appropriate.

I would recommend this restaurant for business, but that's because I generally don't like to spend a lot on Italian food. If I'm going to spend a lot of money, I'll go to one of the finer places in town.

Reviewed October 13, 2012

Visited Invito in Umeå 2012 10 02 with friends. We had a very good dinner in this nice place and the service was excellent.

Reviewed March 23, 2012

Invito in Umeå have never lived up to any kind of expectations. I have visited several times. The common denominator for this visits are a slow, unknowledgeable and not very service-minded staff. The name is waiting, one have never managed to get flow in the service a three course meal are full with at least three long pauses, before and between the courses. The food is at most at an average level, and expensive. Not a place to go.