ProfilHotels Hotel Aveny
Travelocity
$95
$92
Good 3.5/5
All reviewsroom was cleansleeping areaclose to the train stationfrosted glass doorhotel is locateddecent breakfastnice designa great staynice bedfresh fruitvery nice hotelcity centresinkgymdifficultiescurtains
FilterAll languages
Reviewed June 19, 2013

In the middle of June, Aveny Hotel is a good start for a Nordic experience. Little but well designed (IKEA like), clean rooms with very comfortable beds made me feel good and helped me get along with the midnight sun. Breakfast was excellent, both delicious and healthy. The Hotel bar is rather expensive and closes very early but they make very good cocktails. If you are into sports then the free weight, the CD and the Gym will surely please you. As for me, I'd rather go hiking.
The hotel is located in the center of the city, close to all "touristic attractions". I think the bets way to visit the neighborhoods is by renting a bicycle. The personnel was very helpful by letting me safely "park" my rented bicycle in luggage room.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed June 16, 2013

The rooms were clean, but a bit funny lay out. The toilet and shower was in a room, but the sink and heat cables were outside this room, which happens to be the entrance to the room.. It made the sleeping area very warm during the evening and night, even though we had turned the temperature to a minimum where the beds were. Breakfast wasn't anything to write home about though.

It had two sets of hand weights in the room, and a training DVD, a nice touch. (We did not try it). However, we did use the gym, which was huge, and very very good! Free for guests at the hotel, and in the same building. Also the location was right in the middle of the city center, so walking distance to most shops. .

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 5, 2013

A good hotel in a good location. They have put an effort into designing the rooms, sometimes it gets just too much. The sink to wash the hands is outside the bathroom. It may look nice but it is not very practical. They also put free weights and an excercise DVD in the room

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed March 11, 2013

Just returned from a trip to cold Umeå. A weather of around -10 degrees by day is terribly cold for someone coming from the southern part of the Mediterranean.

The Aveny Hotel is located in the centre of tiny Umeå, in the main road between the Central Station and the City Hall. The room is rather small, very little space between bed and opposite wall, but served its purpose well, particularly since I had a double bed room on my own. The water basin is outside the bathroom, and is actually the first thing which you face as you enter the room. I find this rather strange, might be a concept but do not really get it… bathroom is therefore made up of toilet and shower. Shower has two options hand held and ceiling stuck huge water shower. Did not try the latter myself as did not really want to wash my hair, yet I believe a hotel shower through this water shower would have been a really nice feeling after a day in the cold.

Breakfast was good. Lobby has a bar which closes rather early in a Saturday night, but hotel has a nearby pub which turns useful. r of trip was paid by the organisers of the meeting (Umea 2014, European Capital of Culture). I paid the last night and paid around € 150 which I find a bit expensive. However I feel it fits well in the overall price levels in Sweden.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank nokkla
Reviewed December 13, 2012

Room a little small but ok, the sink was in the room and the shower and toilet in the bathroom. Some like it and some don`t. Breakfast was good. The gym was very good.
I wouldnt say this is the best in northern Sweden but it was ok and we probably will go there again. Friendly staff.

Room Tip: We got a room just across the elevator door and it was kind of noisy but I didn`t bother to complain since it looked kind of crowdy and we didn`t spend so much time in the room.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple