“Local innovative food!”
Review of Socialize - CLOSED

Socialize
Cuisines: Scandinavian
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: Organic, close-by and on-site farming! As Umeås first KRAV-certified restaurant, we take the full step towards a more earthy and natural kitchen. Instead of buying into anonymous goods and meats we act directly by farmers and producers in close connection with the city. A couple of kilometres from the city, we operate our own organic outdoor cultivation providing us with high-quality vegetables and root crops during summer, autumn and winter.We put a lot of energy into finding exciting drinks - both alcoholic and non-alcoholic - that fit into each dish on our seasonally changing menu. Again we prefer drinks where an organic and biodynamic thinking lies in the basis for production.We also bake bread and is completely self-sufficient for our restaurant. Our bread is made of 90-100% organic ingredients! Welcome to Socialize!
Reviewed October 5, 2013

The menu had several choices that sounded interesting, making it tough to decide. The dishes were delicious, presented beautifully, and organic, with wine suggestions for those who wanted it. The cloudberry dessert is a must-have. Service was courteous.

There are newer reviews for Socialize

Reviewed July 27, 2013

I had a lamb burger. A piece of food I don't think you should be able to fail but it was dry, completely over cooked and uninspiring. The menu was promising but they didn't deliver. I will probably try something else here again tho just to be safe. I want this place to be good but it felt like a waste of money.

Reviewed June 4, 2013

We ate from the lounge menu, delicious lamb burgers from a local farmer for main course. The bun was home made sour dough which was really nice. We had tasty ostkaka and cardamom cake for dessert. The coffee was good enough, but not the best. There is room for improvement regarding the service. The waitresses didn't have an eye for what needed to be done in the dining area and it took a long time to get their attention.
I really recommend this place if you want tasty rustic local food. Just be sure to book a table since it can be crowded.

Reviewed May 10, 2013

over prized!! food was mediocre. I wish I would have gone to a different place.I was very disappointed. The startes were a joke. The bear meat was terrible. The only good thing was the the beverages like wine and beer. Other than that I did not like anything.

Reviewed October 8, 2012

This is a red house on the riverside with a terrace. But when I visited we could only stay inside, which is white and ascetic. We were a large group (50 or so) but the service was quick and food excellent. I recommend especially fish, the meat dishes were copous but perhaps no so good. The extras were really tasty!