“Where appearerance from outside is more improtant than the guest”
Review of Comfort Hotel Winn

Comfort Hotel Winn
Ranked #3 of 15 Hotels in Umea
Orebro, Sweden
“Where appearerance from outside is more improtant than the guest”
Reviewed November 30, 2013

I recently stayed in this new build hotel in the middle of Umea, as a matter on the central hub for the local busses, and less than two minutes walk from the epicentre of the town. With other words a central and good location for a pleasure or business trip to Umea.
On checking in I was met by very friendly and efficient staff and a nice welcoming atmosphere.
I got a room on the sixth floor, a standard double room. The room though not very large had a nice view over the city centre, and by night a really nice view. There was no real closet in the room, an open one with not very much room, so there was neither any good place to store one’s shirts, socks, and such.
As in so many modern hotel rooms I had to spend almost five minutes to figure out how the different light sources in the room should be turned on or off. Why?
The bathroom was nice, o good shower, soap just from a container on the wall, no other amenities. The towels a wee bit small.
It was daylight when I arrived and to have less insight I lowered the sunshades, a semi transparent curtain. When I arrived back, it was dark outside, the sunshades was up, and there were to lamps in the window, going on and off. I turned to the reception, and asked if I could not turn those lights off, the answer was no. Apparently, it looks nice from the outside. And the sunshades could just be lowered during day light, so there was no other way to restrict the possibility to look into the room from outside than to draw the night curtains.
The bed was fairly confortable but short even for me who is not more than 175 cm.
The breakfast was not very tempting and the bread served all three mornings was not fresh.
This is not a hotel to which I would return. The appearance of the hotel from the out side is obviously of greater concern to the management than the comfort of the guests, which also take its expression in a not very nice breakfast.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank MOLSWE

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
  • Czech first
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
Stockholm, Sweden
Reviewed October 16, 2013

Stayed for a few night in a double bed room. And it served me well.
It was clean but lacked a bit on the amenities. the shower gel/soap in the dispenser was empty and there where no complementary personal hygiene products.
The shower was big and nice though, with dual shower heads :)

The room was small but functional. I lacked a space to stow away my luggage though. The view over the city was great and I had a big window talking up the entire side of my room. The interior design seemed overly simplistic and made me think of a cruise ship. It was just a bit to impersonal for me.
I really lacked the access of a training facility. Being on the road to some extend really puts a dent in one fitness habit and just access to a simple gym really makes a difference.

Breakfast was good and had all the things I desire; Crisp bread and a selection of fresh fruit and veggies. There is of course some eggs, bacon and such for those of you who prefer that.

Location is great as it's right smak in the middle of things. The city isn't very large so pretty much everything in town is within walking distance.

Room Tip: Try to get a room facing away from the areas as they have quite strong lights that might disturb the...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed August 11, 2013 via mobile

It's in the middle of the city center. We did found it hard to find and the parking was not very close to the hotel. But the room was nice,the bathroom was very clean. The view we had was not nice,we looked out at a building area. But we stayed in the weekend so there was nobody working there. But we would stay there again if we were in town.

Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Ostend, Belgium
Reviewed July 22, 2013

Very nice design rooms,a pleaure for the eye. Rooms are very small and chilly! This hotel is always full with groups. Location is in the middle of busy townstreet , with construction activities nearby. This gives a lot of noice.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
Chris P, General Manager at Comfort Hotel Winn, responded to this review, July 23, 2013
Dear Guest, thank you for your feedback! Hopefully We Will get to welcome you back to Umeå when We open our new Hotel just next door on the 14th of September 2013, and that you Will Enjoy our new design just as much! Have a great summer:)
Norrkoping, Sweden
Reviewed July 7, 2013

Room size was standard with twin beds. The desk was very tiny but well placed close to the window.

I did not experience any disturbing noise from outside and the curtains blocked most of the outside light. It is remarkable though that so many hotels in northern Sweden do not install more effective curtains.

No restaurant in this hotel but Umeå city restaurants are within easy walking distance. I did not try the breakfast but it looked nice enough. The staff was friendly and accommodating.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Chris P, General Manager at Comfort Hotel Winn, responded to this review, July 9, 2013
Dear Guest, Thank you for your feedback! We Will open the Doors to the new Comfort Hotel Winn on the 14th of September 2013 and We Are currently in the process of selecting black out curtains to block out all light!!! I hope you visit us again soon and let is know if we succeeded? Have a great Summer:)
Tel Aviv, Israel
Reviewed May 14, 2013

We were pleasantly surprised about the large variety of the buffet breakfast, free coffee and tea and apples all day long, free hot dogs from Sunday to Thursday between 7 and 10 pm a discretion and the very friendly and helpful staff. Our room was spacious and beds to our liking. At our next visit in Umea we definately will use this hotel again.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Chris P, General Manager at Comfort Hotel Winn, responded to this review, May 16, 2013
Thank You for the kind words, to see that you were so happy with your stay made our whole day! Hope to see you back in Umeå again soon:)
Sweden
Reviewed May 1, 2013

I think this hotel was well worth the money.
It is centrally located and the rooms are OK. The hotel is quite small, but that contributes to a cosy feeling.
Great staff, both at the reception but as well at the breakfast. Breakfast was hosted by several young girls that really put in an effort.
I'd go there again.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Chris P, General Manager at Comfort Hotel Winn, responded to this review, May 3, 2013
Dear Guest, Thank you for the kind words and we are so happy to see you enjoyed your stay with us! I totally agree, the staff really are fantastic, we hope to see you back in Umeå again soon:)