“Great hotel with great location”

Clarion Collection Hotel Uman
Ranked #2 of 15 Hotels in Umea
Reviewed January 28, 2013

My sister and I stayed two nights at this hotel January 2013. We were impressed by the big, quiet and clean room and the spacious bathroom, where the water from the shower didn't run onto the floor like often in Scandinavia. Breakfast, light supper and waffles all day long are included in the price. Breakfast (a buffet) was varied and good though we did wonder why there were only small plates on offer. This meant you had to run back and forth a lot or ask for a big plate, which we did. We were too full to try the suppers but popped in one evening to see what was on offer. There was fish in a spinach sauce with different salads. The location of the hotel is excellent, right in the centre of Umeå! The staff was very friendly and helpful. The only complaint we have is that there was no bathroom mat and the bathroom floor was freezing. We asked for one and got it but wondered why you don't get one automatically. We didn't see any on the maid's trolley.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family

Reviewed January 3, 2013 via mobile

Stayed in this hotel with my wife and a daughter for a night on jan 2nd. Location is very good. 2 minutes to the central square. Clean rooms. Everything you can expect according to scandinavian standards. The staff was friendly and helpful. Breakfast was decent variety and quality. The cost was a bit high in my view (150 euros) for a night of 2 adults and 1 kid 12 years ( foldable bed ).

• Stayed: January 2013
1  Thank Victor B
Reviewed December 20, 2012

Clarion is a standard chain that provides clean, reasonable accommodation in a great many Scandinavian cities. The room was clean, decently maintained, but there was no heat, and the receptionist couldn't figure out the weird radiator controls any better than I could. I just put on extra blankets since I was too tired to move.
The food was good, only I never got a chance to have the pancakes--they had stopped serving by the time I arrived at night, and weren't available for a rushed breakfast.
I asked for a wake-up call because the battery on my cell phone had died and I had forgotten the charger. The wake-up call never came. Fortunately I woke-up on my own, raced through breakfast and made the flight. But this hotel wouldn't be my first choice for a return visit.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed November 5, 2012

Great hotel for a great value. There is a very good breakfast and a buffet style dinner every evening, all inclusive. Very central location, close to all shops and restaurants. The airport is only 10min away. The hotel has a sauna which one can enjoy on the colder days.
Pleasant crowd-lot of the guests are university guest employees.
The only critical point are the bathrooms (not sure if this is the case on every floor...)-my room was on the ground floor and its bathroom had a black linoleum surface as flooring. I would rather prefer tiles in a bathroom.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank laberlin2002
Reviewed October 23, 2012

I've stayed in many of the hotels in Umea and this is my favourite by far. For a hotel in a provincial Swedish town this is a find. Rooms are large and comfortable enough. Staff are welcoming and the place is clean. Breakfast buffet is average and there is no bar, but there is tea and coffee in the rooms and free WiFi. All in all very Swedish ( rough towels, wet room, squeeze bottle shower gel...) but definitely at the top end of the market, but at a reasonable price.

Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed September 24, 2012

Breakfast, location, underground parking Hotel is good
The hotel has rooms require redecoration and the hotel itself. Plumbing is old. Dinner is included in the price when booking, leaves much to be desired. By the way, payment of all living portrebovali produce on arrival.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 22, 2012

I don't even know if there are other towels in Umea: I stayed 2 nights in this one, booked for me by friends, and I thoroughly enjoyed. Clean, spacious, very quiet and comfortable rooms, extra-friendly and helpful personnel, fresh breakfast included (did not have the chance to taste the also included dinner), free wi-fi... I mean: could you ask for more at this very reasonable price?

Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business