“Excellent pub food”

Cuisines: Pub
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed January 23, 2013

I arrived in Umeå late and was worried that it would be difficult to get dinner after 10 pm. No reason to worry, as this pub ( open until 1 am on weekdays) cooked up a delicious burger. It's of course not fancy dining, but tasty. Pub food does not get better than this.

Freindly staff, good beer selection and generous pourings of red wine. What's not to like?

There are newer reviews for The Bishops Arms

Reviewed December 4, 2012

Seriously, I can barely go to other restaurants because I love this place. It's cozy, has a huge beer selection, a good pub menu, and is generally full of people having a nice time.

I'm generally not a fan of pub food, but this restaurant has an amazing exception: The Moose Burger. Look No Further. Every time I eat here, I order the moose burger. It's not cheap, but it's amazingly delicious. I don't know how they do it. It is huge, perfectly cooked (moist but not undercooked), and comes with a lingonberry sauce, and roasted potatoes.

I like to sit in the cushy chairs in the library, but it's also pleasant to sit elsewhere.

You generally order at the bar. This might bother some people, but it's a typical pub activity. I actually like ordering at the bar because then, I can talk to the bartenders about the beer and get small samples before I make a choice.

1  Thank 00annette00
Reviewed October 27, 2012

The Bishop's Arms in Umeå has made a much needed renovation. It has gone from a narrow, cramped pub with nothing special on the menu to being a nice, spacious pub with good food. Try their Moose Burger with Lingonberry ketchup, it has become my favorite. The occasions when I have been there, it has been almost lot's of people so prepare to wait for the food. Some of the staff has been really "sleepy" (Oh, do we have customers?), other have been really good.

Reviewed August 8, 2012

There is alot of people here and the bar is allways jammed packed. Dont go here expecting a restaurant, even though the food isnt bad, its just not alot to choose from. The service isnt bad, but its not stunning either. But if you want to drink ale, talk, laugh, have a plate of bar-snacks. There is no better place to go in Umeå. Get here early, sometimes its even hard to find a table at 4 a clock.

Reviewed August 2, 2012 via mobile

This is a great place to pull up to the bar or table and have a great conversation with your friends. After a certain time the don't have wait staff, but the service was quick. The food was also pretty good and they had a great selection of local/regional beers. If I lived in Umeå I would definitely be a frequent visitor.