All reviews top floor modern hotel great hotel belgian waffles whole grain bread mid summer nice design big tv rooftop bar service minded deluxe room nice experience in december reception staff trouble sleeping nice staff amazing breakfast
Selected filters
Reviewed April 7, 2019 via mobile

Straight to the point; if you want to spend some quality time with a superb service and style, Clarion is for you. Not as expensive as you might think for the quality and quantity, 10/10.
The Spa was wonderful, the restaurant top notch and the bar has barman that will make any cocktail should you desire something especial.

Date of stay: April 2019
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
EmilyKivi, Front Office Manager at Clarion Hotel Sense, responded to this reviewResponded April 9, 2019

Dear guest!

Thank you so much for your kind feedback! We are so happy to see that we gave you a great experience .

I hope that we get to see you again, and wish you warmly welcome back!

Reviewed March 24, 2019 via mobile

Wasn't sure what to expect from this booking. When we arrived at the front of the building, it looks very upmarket - lots of smoked glass and mood lighting. When we walked in, the lobby was like a disco going on - loud music, people drinking, girls singing etc...... Once we got past the difficulty in hearing the reception staff, we made our way to our rooms, which turned out to be very compact. Having said that they were perfect for a one night stop over - clean, comfy bed, great pillows, big TV and great walk in shower. Price was reasonable for Sweden a d it was good to find free tea and coffee for residents in the lobby when we got back from eating out - the disco had ended by then. Room was very quiet, probably helped by not having a window! All in all, great for a one night stop.

Trip type: Traveled on business
EmilyKivi, Front Office Manager at Clarion Hotel Sense, responded to this reviewResponded March 27, 2019

Dear guest!

Thank you for taking the time to leave such good feedback. We always appreciate knowing what we did well and how we can improve.

I am guessing that you arrived on a Friday afternoon/evening. We had a special event and I am so sorry if the volume was too loud, we will make sure that this does not happen again!

I am glad that you enjoyed the rest of your stay, and I hope that we get to see you again.

Clarion Hotel Sense

Reviewed March 21, 2019

Very nice beds with giant pillows that were very much appreciated. Big breakfast that had pretty much everything you could ask for (including Belgian waffles). The served hot food (scrambled eggs, bacon, sausage, beans etc) weren't the best, but all right. The rooms weren't properly cleaned; a very visible stain on the little bed spread and the TV control clearly has not been cleaned in a long time. But apart from that I have nothing to complain about. Very nice service, both at the front desk and at the breakfast. Would go back!

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple

Dear Malin,

Thank you so much for your great feedback. I have taken your notes to our cleaning staff and breakfast staff so that we can do better.

I do hope that we get to see you again and give you an even better stay.

Clarion Hotel Sense

Reviewed March 17, 2019 via mobile

The lobby of Clarion Sense must have been a high school disco born into the body of a pretentious hotel lobby. Flashing, multicolored led lights that would put Disneyland to shame and VERY loud radio pop blasting out through the speakers 24/7.
My budget single room, placed in the basement could just fit me and my bag, and the bed was just big enough to fit me (I’m 190 cm)
Sitting at the toilet was however impossible since someone built a wall In front of it (!).
Also my colleagues reported “riding the side saddle” at the toilet.
The air underground is dense and claustrophobic.
Being 190 - you get a different perspective on stuff. The tacky lamps hit my head wherever I go - witch is something I can accept. The centimeter wide dust flakes falling down in my breakfast, is not.
Everywhere I go on this hotel - I see dust and hear radio pop.
The shelves in my room - dusty. Every lamp, and basically every horizontal surface above hip/lvl is covered with dust. What a dump.
The only thing that feels fresh in this place is the staff, whom are young and trendy (perhaps too young... I swear, the breakfast staff is maximum 16 years old.... it’s like that sequence when Willy wonka enslaved all the kids and had them work in a dusty, pretentious design hotel close to the polar circle.... )

Trip type: Traveled on business
EmilyKivi, Front Office Manager at Clarion Hotel Sense, responded to this reviewResponded March 18, 2019

Dear Alexander,

Thank you for your feedback! Knowing how our guests experience their stay with us is so important. We use all the feedback we get to improve our service and give our guests a better stay.

I am so sorry that you did not enjoy your time with us. I will take your review directly to our head of cleaning. Of course all of our guests should be able to have a pleasant, dust free stay.

If we ever have the pleasure of having you stay with us again, I can recommend that you look at all of our room options - there are many room types to chose from, and I think that we could find a room that would suit you better.

Wishing you a great day!

Reviewed February 25, 2019 via mobile

Our room was directly under the gym and was very loud at 8 am. We got upgraded for free and a voucher in the bar. The staff was great.
Breakfast outstanding and I recommend to make your own waffles.
Nice walk in the morning on the ice road, Luleälven

Date of stay: February 2019
Trip type: Traveled with family
EmilyKivi, Front Office Manager at Clarion Hotel Sense, responded to this reviewResponded March 13, 2019

Dear Guest!

Thank you so much for your great feedback. I am so sorry that the noise from the gym disturbed you but I am glad that you enjoyed the rest of your stay and that our staff did a good job.

Hope to see you again!